
Curt and Cathy brought their flat bottom boat to troll around the lake. The kiddos LOVED taking turns.


Cathy and Cameron made a 'Tree Mail' box and sent the kids fun treats to share. I used the opportunity to write notes having the kids do my bidding. It was awesome.
We were each assigned a breakfast and a dinner. We did grilled pizza for our dinner. I think it would have turned out better if it hadn't been raining, but everyone got fed and no one went hungry. That is success in my book. We wanted to do scones and fish for breakfast (seriously, my favorite camping breakfast. It may well have been the deciding factor when I was thinking about marrying Darren), but we didn't have enough fish so we settled for just scones.
For the actual family reunion games and such, Ruth and Steve put a fireman relay together:
Pretend to sleep until the fire whistle is blown.


Crawl through the tube because obviously you are disoriented with sleep.


Put on the fireman gear.


Roll up the hose (a garden hose for all of us non-fireman. Steve didn't want to be mean).


Bandage the cheerleader.


Blow out the flame.


SO fun -- all of us got a turn, although Autumn's course was modified.








Brent ended up with the fastest time (did I tell you it was timed?) so he got to decide the order for the next game, which was hitting a golf ball into the lake. Brent ended up winning that one, too. They only had a right hand club, so Darren cried foul to that game (he's a lefty).
I got a bit sick the last day, but everyone else got to hike up to a nearby lake. I hear it was gorgeous.
Overall, it was a wonderful trip. The girls did great and we had a fun time with family. Thanks Casey Clan!


Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
5 comments:
Ohmygoodness. Bandage the cheerleader. Classic. Ruth and Steve always have fun games, don't they?
I love the last photo of your family. Joy. That's what I think.
How have I not heard anything about this trip? Or right. I'm too self absorbed to ask questions about you. Do you think I only talk about myself? hehehe
Love your family picture!
How did I miss this post? What a great game! It looks like such a fun family trip. Speaking of which WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO THE HOMESTEAD? We haven't been yet this year either but are heading up over. When my boys went back to school shopping this week they informed me that they couldn't go back to school because they hadn't even been to the homestead. Glad they want to go. Sad we haven't gone.
Awesome. I want to steal that for a youth activity! Also...I'm dying over the Creek tennis sweatshirt. Have one just like it. Whenever I wear it people assume I can play tennis. Then I have to sheepishly say, I only lasted on the team long enough to get the shirt!
Post a Comment