- Just to play some catch-up, here are some pictures of the grass see we planted. Remember the tree we took out last year? Well, it is now where we are planting grass and putting in a garden. Anyway, last year we planted some grass seed in our front yard and were really pleased with the results. Hopefully this stuff will come in well also. I've included some pictures of the chicken wire fence we 'built' to keep Bailey out while the grass is growing. Yes, that is one of Darren's old irons with the club end chopped off.
- The garden spot. I'm really pleased how the railroad ties turned out -- just one more example of Darren's vision when it comes to projects -- although this picture doesn't show it off like I'd like. I'm so excited to put in the garden this year! My dreams are a little bit bigger than the space, and we do need more dirt before anything can be planted, but I can't wait. We have some ideas of what we want, but if you have some 'must haves' we are more than willing to take suggestions.
- So, the accident. Crazy, crazy, crazy! The drama of it is still ongoing, but here is the short version: driving straight, car hits drivers side, car takes off, Brenda's fine, witnesses give statement, car towed, police find hit and run driver, he has insurance. Phew. If only the real life of it were so concise.
Anyway, my parents have been kind enough to lend us a car until we can get a new one. This isn't just any car they are letting us use, either, it is My Dad's Car. His 1984 Acura Legend that I have only driven like 6 times in my entire life. I think my parents bought this new, or very close to new, back in the day. It has always been 'the nice car' because every other car they've ever owned has been previously owned and slightly trashed. My brother took the Acura to the prom in the late 80's and I remember thinking that tuxedos and fancy dresses belonged in that car. Obviously, I have a great reverence for it -- its 'MeeMeeMeep' when you open the door, its automatic windows that are now standard in most cars, and its sun roof that over the years has developed a waterfall like leak. We are very grateful to my parents for lending us the car. We will take good care of it while we are using it and drive the speed limit. It is a 1984 vehicle afterall. No air bags. - I liked this book so much I had to mention it in the Friday Five: The book thief by Markus Zusak. It was funny and wonderful and heartbreaking. I feel like I could talk and talk about this book. They do use some bad language, so be warned. Seriously, it was a beautiful book.
- This Sunday is Mother's Day, so Happy Mother's Day to each of our sisters, sisters-in-law, cousins, friends, and grandma! Here are some lilacs for each of you to celebrate the day. I expect to see pictures on blogs, people! A special thanks and Happy Mother's Day to both our moms. We sure love you!





Have a great weekend. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
6 comments:
Requested the book. Thanks.
I always thought the acura was 1987 or 88. But maybe I'm wrong. I remember begging to take it to Snowball one year because it was our "nice car" --ahem, 10 years old at the time--and having the same reverence for it. When I mentioned to my date my excitement at driving the 'nice car,' I remember his expression and silent observation and felt bad because he didn't think it was as great as I did.
Darn those spoiled Greenwood Village boys!
Oh and happy Mother's Day to you too :) Thanks for the lilacs!
The Acura. Yup, it was the fancy car. I think Mom and Dad did buy it brand new. It is the only car I know of that is so old and yet, it still has that "new car smell" Maybe it doesn't any more--you tell me. I think you will be fine and no accidents, you seem to only wreck the cars you own.
What an honor for you to drive your family's nice car! I can't wait to read the book and thanks for the beautiful lilacs! Hi Robin! I haven't talked to you forever!
The garden area looks nice. I would love to someday have space for any size garden. I don't really have a "green thumb", but I would love to try. Good luck with it, and I hope it turns out the way you want it too!!
I swear that you two are just magnets for car wrecks. I think the last time we saw you, your brand new SUV was totalled(sp?). Crazy kids!
Post a Comment