Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Stump is OUT!

Darren and I have been doing a lot to make our new home ours. The big project this spring was to remove one of the trees that was in our backyard. I can't really take any credit for this feat. Darren spent most nights removing the dead branches, trunk, and cutting roots. I took this picture last summer -- the tree just wasn't healthy.
Over Memorial Weekend Darren's brothers and father helped to get the trunk down.



This Saturday we finally got the stump out. Now we have a big hole, but soon we will have a spot for a garden. Yea!





I can't tell you how many logs I've carried to our side yard. We've even gotten Bailey in on the fun.



Overall, I'm glad to have such an industrious husband. I'm also glad he has a wife that will save the remaining 11 trees on our lot. As long as they don't hang their dead branches over our roof, they are safe.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy!

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Wow! Good work! That's pretty intense. I especially liked the action shot of Darren and his brothers/dad and the leaning tree :) I'm excited for your garden too. I'll share bottles if you want to can :)

Unknown said...

BRENDA! Hey there - what's up? I saw your link on Tammie's page and had to check it out! How's life in colorado? Looks like you have been busy with your house. We are so totally going through this same thing with stumps and trees....we had two big ugly stupms when we moved in and two big not so pretty trees....so last week it was time to tear em down and grind em up! Fun times in Boise, ID! Hope you guys are doing great. Drop me a line sometime...I'd love to hear from ya....howelie@yahoo.com

-Leslie