Friday I had my book club. We had read Persuasion by Jane Austen, but instead of discussing it we watched the 1995 movie (not the new Masterpiece Theater one). Darren stayed up in our room to avoid getting in the way -- he always does that. As soon as the doorbell rings to announce visiting teachers or anything he jets up the stairs. It was okay Friday because he was going goose hunting early Saturday morning so he was able (and willing) to go to be bed early.
Saturday Darren got up to go hunting and I slept in a bit before getting up to go to the Relief Society birthday breakfast. After the breakfast I drove to Fort Collins to have my hair cut by one of my former Young Women. She did a nice job (I have bangs again!), but it took longer than planned and so I had to run back home to meet some friends for our girls day out activity. I was late and it was at my house! I'm a horrible hostess, I know. Anyway, we had lunch and then headed to see a matinee of 27 Dresses. Cute movie, although I'm afraid Cynical Brenda had been invited and voiced her opinions -- why can't she just sit and enjoy the pretty people finding love onscreen? Darren had an enjoyable and successful morning hunting. After both of us rested a bit (Cynical Brenda needed a nap and thankfully didn't re-appear) we drove down to Firestone to walk around a furniture store. It was nice to dream about how to decorate our home. Dreams are free. After a bit of window shopping we headed home and spent the rest of the night cuddling and watching a movie.
Sunday was a nice, too. I felt like all the meetings were exactly what I needed to face the coming week. I didn't have to teach and honestly that makes it a bit easier to focus on the talks and Sunday School instead of being anxious about my lesson. Sunday evening we ate dinner with some friends, sat and chatted, and played games. It was great!
Now Monday has come again. How much longer until the weekend? Just kidding.
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
6 comments:
Sounds like a good weekend. Haircuts are always nice. Ours was good too, Trevor and I had my sister watch the kids and we ran errands all morning. Then we all went swimming in the afternoon. It was fun. :o)
You gotta show a picture of the new bangs! Outta curiosity...which one of the yw is now cutting hair?
we have a person in our house called, "mean brandon" that comes out when normal brandon is all the way or halfway asleep. maybe him and cynical brenda are friends... :) glad to hear you are dealing with split personalities as well.
and yes, yes, a picture would be fantastic.
Can't wait to see the bangs ;) Sounds like you had a great weekend
Ooo! post pictures of the bangs!
I went to see 27 dresses on Saturday too! And I've gotta admit, cynical Brenda or no, I couldn't stop smiling at the end! I'm a pushover for romantic comedies and I love it!
Post a Comment