Friday, February 15, 2008

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day! Darren and I usually try to do a Valentine's lunch together, but I had a meeting and so it didn't really work out yesterday. No worries, we have a whole weekend to spend together. Anyway, since I did a whole 'I love Darren' yesterday in honor of Valentine's Day, you are spared from such a list for the Friday Five. Instead, here is a bit of happiness from the week:

  1. Yesterday at work our team's regional manager came and met with us. He was surprising laid back and almost thankful for all the work we've been doing. I wouldn't exactly say he is high strung and demanding, but we kept looking at each other and wondering if he was going to drop some bomb, or say something to the effect of, 'You guys are doing great and working hard, but we need more...' We'll take what we can get.

  2. Darren had a soccer game last night. He didn't win, but the team played better than they had all season -- they just needed some subs. Anyway, the game was at 7:00 so we got home at a decent hour and actually went to bed on time. Yea for a good night's rest!


  3. All week I've only been able to read snippets here and there of Pamala Aiden's 3rd book, but it has brought such happiness! I think she's done a great job with Mr. Darcy's story. I'm hoping to find spare minutes this weekend to finish this delicious book.

  4. It has taken me a couple months of seeing this video on VH1 to decide whether I like the song or not. Historically I haven't been a huge Alicia Keys fan, but the song has been in my head all week (in a happy way), so I'm giving it a thumbs up. It seemed appropriate following this week of love. What is your opinion?

  5. Darren and I have a semi busy weekend planned, but everything on the schedule we can do together. That is happiness right there. To add to my Friday happiness? This is waiting for me at the library.

I'm pretty sure I can get Darren to watch it with me.

Have a good weekend! Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

6 comments:

wyomingerica said...

Let me know what you think(about the movie). I orders the first Mr Darcy book from the library last month and they had to order it from out of state. I still haven't heard from them. I just got off the phone with Ruth, talking about Vegas baby. I was with you the last time you went swimming suit shopping. I wounder if it can wait tell Vegas.

Jacqui said...

ooo! I'm excited for that movie too. I think I'm #105 on the wait list, though. You'll have to tell me if you like it.

Jacqui said...

I wish I'd seen a disclaimer at the end of the music video "No pianos were harmed during the filming of this video." Ahhh! That Concert Grand Piano left out in the rain!

I'd never heard the song though--I liked what it was saying, but I think it'd take me a few weeks to REALLY like it. Her dancing bugged me. Maybe if I'd heard it first without the video it would have been different.

Unknown said...

I must say that I really like that Alicia Keys song. It just had a great beat to it, I think.

Christi said...

I loved Becoming Jane! I've gotta try the Darcy books. I recently read Mr. Darcy's Daughters. I can't remember who the author is, and I think it has some follow up books, which I didn't run out to read...so I guess it was good, but not awesome. Actually I thought it was a bit funny. I heard that Alicia Keys song on the radio and for some reason it made me think of Cindy Lauper. Weird, huh? Anyway, enjoy your movie night!!!

Sarah said...

Those Pamala Aiden books look interesting!! What's the name of the first book? You will have to tell me if you like 'Becoming Jane'. I don't know anyone who has seen it. It looked really good! Have a fun and busy weekend!