Friday, November 16, 2007

It's Friday, I'm in Love

It's been another busy week for the Caseys; however, amid running from one thing to the next there have been some highlights. Unfortunately, there are no pictures to share, which is a bummer especially for a few of the occasions that made the list. That being said, here are some of the highlights from the week:

  1. Every week Darren reads through EVERY ad that comes in the Sunday paper (I was only concerned about this at first. Darren is very good at finding deals, and I love deals). This week as I was opening the paper to find my favorite parts, we found stickers Wal-Mart sent titled 'Toyland's Top 12 Wishes for Christmas' or something like that. It probably didn't say Christmas because it isn't PC. Anyway, Darren yelled, 'Those are mine!' and gathered the ads to him. Later when I came down after resting, Darren had convienently left the Harbor Freight and Big 5 Sports ads out for me to look through. You guessed it, he had stickered his toy wish list! Among the 'top 12' on the wish list: shotgun, binoculars, air compressor, and nail gun attachment. Boys and their toys...
  2. Young Women in excellence on Wednesday turned out great. Our girls had chosen a football theme and Melanie and her committee of helpers had done a wonderful job with the decorations and food choices. Also, and probably more important, we had a good parent turnout (it would be interesting to know if the fathers were especially enticed by the football theme...). Among the many highlights were the girl's football game gear. My favorite was a laurel who wore her school's mascot outfit (she the mascot during football games, so she had access). Brilliant! Man, we have great girls.
  3. My mom came home from Switzerland on Thursday. I was in town working so I stayed for dinner and heard some of her camera workshop stories. One of my favorite stories was her description of the system of locks and keys her hotel used. She described each step necessary to get to her room each night, which was totally complex. I was confused by the end. Her comment was that she prayed every night there wouldn't be a fire because every 'key' step would have flown right out the window.
  4. After dinner with the family on Thursday I went to a gathering my friend's mom had put together for her daughter who was in town. A few of the girls I grew up with were there. That's not the right way to describe them and what they mean to me. It doesn't matter how many years have passed, where we have gone, or what has happened in our lives, we seem to pick up right away as if we were never apart. As we chatted, skipping from topic to topic without half finishing our stories, I could feel the joy and love in the room. SO cool. I left feeling like the luckiest girl in the world to know such wonderful women.
  5. The last highlight is kind of a week long 'looking forward to Friday' highlight. It is Darren's and my anniversary this weekend (Saturday, November 17th). Six years ago we got married in the Denver Temple on the Saturday before the Thanksgiving Holiday. For our honeymoon we took the entire week off and skipped town. So, in honor of again having our anniversary on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, we are taking off and spending the entire week together. No work, just play and togetherness. I've been thinking of things we were doing six years ago in preparation for the wedding. Regardless of the little things I might have changed like some of my behavior (I made my dad very tired) or silly wedding choices (Darren STILL talks about having slushy punch at the reception) I wouldn't change for a second who I married or where we were married. Darren is perfect for me and I'm happy I get to spend forever with him. It's Friday, I'm in Love!!

Have a great weekend, and a great Thanksgiving. I can't guarentee trip highlights during the week, but for sure be looking for them after the holiday. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

4 comments:

wyomingerica said...

are you going somewhere for your anniver.? We are think of you as we work alittle this next week.

LindsC said...

Have fun on your week long vacation. Sounds exciting! Slushy Punch :) how fun! Six years uh. It's crazy how six years seems like a long time now but when I reach six years it probablly won't feel like a long time. I like how you found the adds and his wish list too. Cute

Jacqui said...

Ya! Let the vacationing begin!

Have a great time! Take photos of you breaking out of alcartaz (or is it azcaban?) for me.

LKC said...

Happy Anniversary!

So who were the friends that you got together with? I'd be interested to hear what they're up to these days. Do they have blogs?