After our temple session we drove into San Francisco. The Bay Bridge was so cool. Okay, I'm going to admit something right now that I realized about myself on this trip: I don't like to act like a tourist. I'm sure I don't totally assimilate into places we visit, but dragging a camera around and clicking at every little thing makes me cringe. It is fine when we are in the car, but when we walk around I seriously dislike carrying a camera. Unfortunately, that means I don't get as many pictures of the fun San Francisco places we visited.
For instance, the first thing we did (after checking into the hotel and parking the car) was get a three day pass to ride the public transportation. Our first trip was down to Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf were we walked around and saw the sea lions, ate sea food, and checked out the shops. Ultimately we ended up taking cable cars everywhere, but the only picture of a trolley we got was a painting we bought.
We visited Alcatraz on Wednesday and this is the only picture I took.
Cool story behind it, but that is another story. No pictures of the cells, of the granade broken cement, the beautiful gardens that were open because the day was so nice, or of the mock escapees...
Before Alcatraz on Wednesday we did get the chance to walk around the Piers again and I got some pictures of the San Francisco sites. Here is the Bay Bridge:
The city from this great pier we found.
Telegraph Hill.
We stayed on Nob Hill, which, you guessed it, was a hill and very steep, but we only had to hike up the hill two blocks to catch the trolley. We rode the cable cars a lot and I decided I could definitely be a public transportation person. And, yeah, I'd be one of the ones sitting there reading. After our full day Wednesday, before we caught the trolley home from Fisherman's Wharf, we ate In-and-Out Burgers and got shakes for the way home. Does anyone else (outside of California, Arizona, and Nevada) crave In-and-Out?
More later... Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
7 comments:
Whenever we are in Vegas, babe.
I have seen In-and out here, but I've never tried them? Are they pretty good? What should I try? SF look so pretty!
Embrace your tourist status and get more pictures! You'll appreciate it later. (This is coming from a camera dragger, so take it as you will!) I love the pics you did get however. How fun!
Lauren, go to In-and-Out. There aren't many choices, which is part of what makes it great...
We lived in Cali for a very short time. The two best reasons for living there? San Fran and In-and_Out! You got to enjoy both! I am so jealous! I am glad you had fun.
I can't believe you didn't take more pictures! And I'm still totally drooling about the thrifty. In fact, I went online to riteaid.com to see if I could send myself a pint or two. No go. shoot.
And didn't I specifically request a photo of you breaking out of alcatraz?
Brenda you two look so happy and it sounds like a ton of fun. You guys sure did a lot. And you even have more!! I'm funy about looking like a tourist too, and a lot of times I miss pictures because I"m too busy having fun. :)
Post a Comment