Friday, August 17, 2007

It's Friday, I'm in Love

And once again it is Friday and time for the Friday Five:

  1. At work yesterday we had a barbeque. Man, oh man, I like barbeque. My boss smoked ribs and brisket, and we brought sides to go with it. Against the Relief Society Lady in me, we set up the buffet on the tailgate of my boss's truck, and not a table. Kind of redneck, but still fun.


  2. I watched High School Musical last night for the first time. It seems like movie musicals come and go every few years. Do you know what this movie made me think of? Newsies. Man, I haven't seen that movie musical in SO long. I was crazy about it. We have a work site on Santa Fe Drive, and recently I find myself humming the song Santa Fe when my PM brought the site up in conversation.

  3. I had a book club this week and during the evening of chatting, I realized something about myself: I am drawn to books and movies with love interests, but I'm kind of cynical when it comes to love. I have definite opinions about love and falling in love and whether a book or a movie coincides with my idea of love definitely affects how I feel about it. This isn't for a Friday Five, though, so more later...

  4. I love my sisters. There are four of us 'Rencher' girls who, together with my mom, write and send emails back and forth during the week. It has been a great way to keep in touch and definitely helps me stay in the loop. Just this week I've laughed hard, cried a bit, felt thankful, and said more prayers than I can count. There is so much going on in each of our lives -- stress, health, life changes -- and it is nice to share it with people who listen and care. Sisters Rock (and that includes my wonderful mom, mom-in-law, and sisters-in-law).


  5. I'm heading to Oregon for the next two weeks so entries may be scattered. I'm excited, but nervous to go. One of my silliest concerns? Not being able to pump my own gas. Do I tip these people? Can I even get out of the car? All these questions.
Have a good weekend. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

Yea! What a fun Friday Five (mostly because I was mentioned, hehehe).

Jacqui said...

p.s. I own Newsies. you can borrow it. I still like to watch it and sing along. I hope it will inspire my boys to sing and dance too!

wyomingerica said...

what a fun picture. I need to do that with my sisters.

LKC said...

beautiful pic of the "rencher" girls. I hope you'll all be blessed to age as well as your mom.

Brenny said...

Don't I wish everytime I see my cute mom and I'll look that good. isn't she beautiful!

Jacqui said...

Mom does look really good, I agree. I guess we'll have to work hard, Bren!