Friday, August 3, 2007

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I've been in a weird mood today, so here is the Friday Five list, but I'm afraid it is kind of random:
  1. I miss the Rencher Homestead. I had a cousin write me this week and mention that her family went up recently to camp. Usually the 'Clifford Rencher's' go up at least once a year, but not this year (because of San Diego--and I'm SO not complaining mom and dad, SD was GREAT). Anyway, I was fine with it until Alli mentioned The Rencher Homestead, and all of a sudden I'm kind of homesick for the place. I wish I had a picture of it to post...

  2. I'm reading For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway for a book club. I started late anyway but I feel like the book is CRAWLING. I was all excited about reading it too, because I think I remember my friend Christi recommending it in high school. I'm beginning to think she may have meant A Farewell to Arms...


  3. So, it's date night, right. Darren and I talked with friends of ours about going and seeing the new Harry Potter at the drive in. Cool right? If, for some reason that doesn't happen, I think I'm going to make Darren take me to 'Becoming Jane'. I saw the trailer this week and immediately wanted to see it. Seriously, is it possible to OD on Jane Austen? I am so on my way...

  4. Saturday morning my ward is having a dry pack canning event. I've ordered a bunch and am excited to go a help pack and tap the cans. The best thing about doing the canning? Marching it into the basement and putting it on the shelf. It just makes me feel like I'm moving forward a bit.

  5. Okay, this was so fun I just had to include it. This is what I'd look like as a character from the Simpsons. One of Jacqui's friends did this on her blog so I HAD to try. Here is the link incase you want to be Simpsonized too.

    Have a good weekend! Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

5 comments:

LKC said...

I love the Simpsonized version of Brenda! I've been trying for two days to Simpsonize my family, but it keeps saying it's too busy and to try again. Did it take you a while to get through?

Jacqui said...

Ya, I haven't been able to get through to simpsonize us either. I'm glad they put you in a hoodie, Bren. That's totally you.

I second the motion for missing the homestead. I think it'll be years before we get up there again, unless the kids and i go without Kraig... :(

By the way, do you know who lkc is?

Jacqui said...

Oh I forgot to tell you--I'm listening to Austenland. Did you like it? And I totally want to see On Becoming Jane, or whatever it's called AND I just watched Miss Potter on Friday while Kraig was at his 10 year reunion and I loved it. Renae did a good job looking homely :)

Brenny said...

I do know who LKC is! It is Lindsey Kay (although it isn't actually Kay anymore...). I'm glad you liked Ms. Potter. SO good, I agree.

LKC said...

Jacqui, I've commented on Brenda's blog before. Geeze, you really need to start paying attention. I know you have nothing better to do than read the comments on other people's blogs all day...