- I had a visit from my good friend Stephanie this week. She was up north attending a conference in Fort Collins and contacted us to see if she could crash at our house Wednesday night. We had a great time eating and talking and laughing. I am so thankful for 'the girls' I grew up with. Although we have moved to different parts of the country, it never seems that far when we get together. They've all become such wonderful women!
- I've been in the field all week, which is a nice change, but also exhausting. It's also pretty stressful, especially because of all the safety stuff we do. Just to show you a bit of the safety requirements, here are some pictures of me in my PPE (personal protective equipment): hard hat, gloves, glasses, high visibility vest, long sleeves, long pants. You can't see my boots, but they ARE steel toe.
- You know you have long arms when you get sun burned in between your long sleeves and your gloves.

- So, I don't really like country music. Not a big surprise, right? Well, whoever drove the company car last apparently LOVES it, since five of the six preset radio stations are country. Not a problem, because my favorite stations are just a scan or two up the dial from these presets. But... I can't entirely avoid hearing a song or two. On my way home yesterday I happened to stop on a station playing 'Bless the Broken Road' by Rascal Flatts and I unashamedly sang along. That's when it happened: EPIPHANY! I don't think I've ever heard a song by Rascal Flatts I didn't like. I think I'm a Rascal Flatts fan. This only bothers me because I think Rascal Flatts may be the cheese of country music...

- After my long day yesterday, I had to rush back to make it in time for my book club, which I was hosting. Luckily, the house had been cleaned and prepared the night before. Remember last Friday when I complained about how slow 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' was going, well everyone else thought so too. In fact nobody liked it. We still had a good discussion, but what I took from the experience? No more Hemingway. Ever. (Did I hear a gasp from English teachers around the world?)


I hope you have a good weekend. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
8 comments:
I'm a total closet Rascal Flats fan too, Bren. Well, not so closet anymore, I guess ;) I even tried to win tickets to thier concert, but just won a CD instead.
Did you ever see that Jane Austen movie?
You won a Rascal Flatts CD? I'm totally jealous.
No, we didn't see the Jane Austen movie. We went to the drive in to see The Simpson's Movie and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as a double feature. The Simpson's was just like one long episode, which I liked because I like the Simpsons. Plus, I only really paid $2.50 to see it because it was a double feature, so even better. I still want to see the Jane Austen movie. Maybe next weekend...
Did you take those pictures 'self portrait' style with the timer? You're so funny!
I'm not sure I could get Kraig to see the Simpsons, but I totally want to see HP again. We just started listening to the book (KRaig wants to get through all of them before he listens to #7). It's killing me though. Did you guys finish #7 yet? There have been no emailed discussions of the book
I burn you a copy of rascal flats cd when we get there...
Hi Brenda!! I really like your blog. I've been trying to figure it out, so if you want to check out ours it is http://trishandtrevor.blogspot.com
Are you guys going to Shell this weekend?
I'd love a copy of Rascal Flatts!
Yea, Trish! I'm so excited you have a site! I'm going to go visit right now...
Jacqui, of course they are a self portrait and a picture taken with the timer. I was too embarrassed to have one of the subcontractors take the picture for me...
It was fun seeing you this weekend. Can't wait for the Virginia game. Hope you made it home safe. E
Post a Comment