Friday, June 22, 2007

The Friday Five

The Expedition wouldn't start this morning. The battery has been threatening to die for months and this morning ended up being D-day. Luckily I was able to get a ride to work with a co-worker. Bad luck with cars seems par to the course for us right now, and while it is always an inconvienence, I keep reminding myself that I am blessed in many ways. So today I'm taking a leaf from Sarah Dessen and giving you my own 'Friday Five.'

  1. I got up at 6:00 and went running this morning. It feels great to get up moving that early and wonderful that I won't have to think about exercising the rest of the day. I think the endorphines that come with exercising help with the car news.

  2. Darren and I are heading out of town after work for a family reunion at Flaming Gorge. That means CAMPING! Woo Hoo. It'll be the first time this year and I can't wait.

  3. I packed last night so when I get home I'll only have to grab a couple things before we hit the road (well, and buy a new battery for the car, but still). I'm glad I avoided at least one stress for the day.

  4. It will only be 90 degrees today, which is 10 degrees cooler than yesterday. Yes, yes, I work in an office and the heat won't affect me that much because I sit in air conditioning, but I know our little black dog will be thankful.

  5. I love road trips. It'll just be me, Darren, Bailey, and the road. Just get me a package of Red Vines and I'm set. What are my chances the Highway Patrol won't be out in full force this weekend? Getting stopped would just complete the day I'm having. Of course, my lucky husband Darren IS the one who will drive...


Have a good weekend everyone. Keep smiling and remember to be happy!

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

That comic reminds me of my last encounter with a copper.

Have a great weekend! Drive safely and enjoy the Gorge! We don't get to go this year. Not with a 2 week old :)