Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Teen Movie in 3 minutes 48 seconds


I'm always behind the times, so I actually only saw this video for the first time the other day on VH1. Apparently it has been out for awhile and even sparked a tussle between Taylor Swift and Kanye West. But whatever. I loved it. There is a short commercial at the beginning of the version I posted, but this was the best version quality-wise I found.

And seriously, it is the epitome of the perfect Teen Movie: clothes montage, makeover, band member/girl next door gets the star football player, mean ex-girlfriend gets her comeuppance... Man, I like teen movies.

I made Big Miss watch it -- she hadn't seen it either -- and she squealed at the end. So, you know, two thumbs up from that quarter.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

12 comments:

Ruth said...

I know the song well, but haven't seen the music video before either...it was so perfect!! I love it! The clothes,glasses, everything was great!I love the notes they both pull out to show eachother at the end:)awwwww!

Jacqui said...

So cute. I'm smiling.

I'll probably go watch it again.

Isn't that how we all kind of hoped that high school would go?

Jacqui said...

She reminds me a lot of Deena Carter. I think that.

Becky said...

That was adorable. It felt like a Janette Rallison book. I'm even more behind the times than you as far as pop culture goes. It's amazing how quickly that happens once you don't have cable/or satellite tv. I should know Spanish by now seeing that half of our 8 channels are in that language.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

That is Ellie's favorite song. She is always singing it. I just showed her the video and she thought it was "awesome!".

LindsC said...

That was a really good video. Love the song and now I love the video. :)

Thanks for sharing.

A. said...

Fun to see what you've been up to. Little Miss and Big Miss add a little spice to your life!

Christi said...

Bren, you're so fun. I really like Taylor Swift, I've got my fingers crossed that she doesn't go crazy like so many of the young stars.

Laura Ann Terry said...

I loved that! Happily ever after:)

Michelle said...

sigh. I'm so watching this again.

and by the way, you are the queen of comments. thank you thank you.

Natalie said...

Brenda - your blog always makes me smile...I had some catching up to do...love the budding ballerina!

wyomingerica said...

we drove down on sunday night and left monday morning. You did cross our minds. The bridge naming went though. I guess it is a walking bridge over the freeway. They will have a plack with his story, I think it went well.