Friday, September 25, 2009

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I know it has been a few weeks since I posted. Darren was gone last week and we had a bit of a rough time with him gone. Thankfully I had some help (thanks again for coming Cathy!) and only a few breakdowns. Has anyone else noticed that trying situations seem to surface all at once? And then, you know, they tend to drag up previous stuff you thought you'd already dealt with, making life a bit muddy? It's just us? Well anyway, our life is slowly setting and clearing, which sure makes the little rays of sunshine easier to see. In honor of the little rays of sunshine, today's Friday Five is a list of little happinesses. Here's the list:

  1. Happiness is... rubbing off on your sixteen-year-old. Big Miss has begun to see personalized license plates everywhere and has uttered more than one 'Dangit Brenda' as she grabs my camera.

  2. Happiness is... pictures by the roses at the temple during the Primary Temple Trip.

  3. Happiness is... a clean room and finally finishing putting on the vinyl lettering and outlet covers in Big Miss's room.



  4. Happiness is... a grandma who let Little Miss know that wearing two different colored shoes is entirely acceptable and even cool. Now if we could get a right AND a left foot...

  5. Happiness is... taking people you love to places you love.


Once I started, the list grew and grew. That is just how it should be -- happiness is a multiplier, just like love. Have a good weekend.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

11 comments:

Trish said...

I just have to say...I know what you mean! I've had a few "trying situations" lately. Nothing huge when I really think about it, but why is life stressing me out so much and dragging up so much "history" and bringing out so many crazy emotions.
Anyway, thanks for reminding me to look for the little happinesses. :o)

Kelli said...

The picture of you at the Wyoming game was absolutely adorable! So is Big Miss's room. I love the colors. I am glad you see the rays of sunshine through the storm clouds of life! You are amazing!

Becky said...

That's the best attitude! You guys all look to be having a great time.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I love your sunshine list. I need to make one more often.

By the by....I sent you and email to the address listed on the side of your blog awhile back ago. So if you got it, then this is a reminder to call anytime. If you didn't then let me know if there is another email address and I will re-send my info.

You are awesome!!!

Kiley said...

Love your family picture! I really like seeing Darren as a Dad.

Liz said...

You're a great person and never forget that! I always have to remember that the hard times are there so we can know the good times when they happen. Oh, and I LOVE that last picture. Everyone looks sooo happy!

flem-fam said...

I love your outlook, Brenda - always so refreshing to read. I also LOVE that room you did for your big girl. You are every teenagers dream mother. (Ok, and some of us 30 somethings dream of living with you too....)

flem-fam said...

PS, you need to come visit us in Northern Virginia, it is the personalized license plate capitol of the world! You would love it!

LindsC said...

I love love your pictures. You guys are such a cute family, especially in your cowboys outfits.

And I also have to agree with you about hard times and them dragging out and definatly bringing back the past.

Jacqui said...

I love her bedroom! So darling! It makes me want to paint my house even more now!

I completely agree--when it rains, it pours. But then the sun comes out :)

Robin Fisher said...

You are doing great!!
I can't wait to meet the girls next weekend!