Friday, September 11, 2009

It's Friday, I'm in Love

So, I had every intention of posting about last Saturday's game opener for Wyoming for my Friday Five. It was the girls' first time with us in Laramie so there was a lot to do and show them. Big Miss granted way less eye rolls than we anticipated, which I attribute to the cute college boys we saw everywhere. I started to point a few out, but then realized she is only 16, and instead ended up forbidding her from thinking about college boys because she was TOO young. Anyway, long story short, I don't have my camera cord and thus can't download the fun pictures we took; however, I do have a few license plates I haven't shared yet and since college football and pro football are starting, and the World Series is just around the corner, today's Friday Five are fan license plates. Here's the list:

  1. College plates are always a good way to go. I'd wager that Darren has contemplated some variation of UW or Cowboys or Pokes for a plate of his own.

  2. Go Avs!

  3. You find baseball fans everywhere. Wow, that totally sounded like I disdain baseball fans. I don't, I'm just saying they are EVERYWHERE, like a disease.

  4. At first I thought this might be Mr. 13 himself, but unless he moved to Canada...

  5. I haven't shown this one to Darren because I've witnessed first hand his reaction to all things CSU. Even after all the pictures of plates I've taken, he'd say something like, "Why are you taking a picture of a Rams fan? Please don't encourage them." and then shudder a bit.


I hope you have a good weekend. Wyoming plays Texas (as in Longhorns) this Saturday. As much as I'd like the Pokes to win, if we come through this with only a few injuries I'll be happy. Hey, how about the BYU win last week! Very cool. I hope all your teams do well this weekend. Go Pokes!

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

8 comments:

Ruth said...

Yeah Brenda... I love all the license plates you find!! Funny story about Stacey :) You will have to post pics later... I want to see them!!!!

Ginger said...

I just HAD to comment.

It's alright that baseball fans are everywhere, but the CUBS fans are like a disease. A bad disease. We will forever be Rockies Fans.

Jacqui said...

What? You rooted for BYU? Oh wait, Darren doesn't read the blog. I knew your blood was still blue somewhere in there, Brenny. Not just poop brown.

Sorry, was that offensive?

I'm surprised you don't have Wyoming fanz plates yet, too. Maybe you should get some for big red for Darren for your anniversery :)

Shannon said...

Okay, I think I am starting to figure things out here. You have mentioned Wyoming a ton, but nothing about BYU. I am thinking now that has something to do with Darren. Don't forget your roots, Brenda! ;)

Becky said...

Do you take this pictures while you're driving? I guess taking pictures isn't as bad as reading while driving, a habit Chris' old boss had. Scarry!!!!!

Christi said...

Yeah football!!! We just got home from Aidan's first Razzle Dazzle football practice (which is pretty much tag football). I shocked all the sideline moms by telling them Utah starts tackle football in first grade! Anyway, football is fun.

That BYU game was cool...Tom justifies rooting for BYU by the obligation to root for a MWC team in such situations.

And, I can understand the dislike for CSU, coming from a WY boy, but Rams are way better than Buffs (glad they won last week). Can Darren agree to that? I just can't stand CU.

By the way, I found a great license plate to share with you...when I get my camera plugged into the computer.

Bingy's blog said...

Brenda,
You have no idea how much joy I am feeling after reading your blog!!! We have been talking about you guys and really hoping to see all of you at the AF Wyoming game. We'll forgive the fact that you're of coarse rabid WY fans, if you'll do the same for us!! How offended would you be if we gave the kids AF gear?! I kid I kid.. Anyway, we'd love to see you, and our doors are always open if you want to stay the night!
Inger

LindsC said...

You sure know how to pic out those liscence plates, I'd like to try picking some out. :)