- Christmas jello. I have an unnatural fixation with jello under normal circumstances, but these holiday layers just make me exceptionally happy.

- Darren installed some recessed lighting in our livingroom -- a home improvement decision made at the last minute after we scraped the popcorn off. We needed more light in here. I'm very excited. Great Christmas gift.

- Finally putting some Christmas decorations up. With the main yuletide staging area under construction right now (ie, the livingroom), we hadn't brought any Christmas bins up from the basement until last night. And yeah, it isn't much, but at least we have a tree. Check out what I used to make it...
- Prime rib at the work holiday potluck. How lucky am I that I work with guys who put this much time into meat and feeding the masses?

- A place to live, food to eat, a job to work, and a great man to love. I am blessed.


Wonders of wonders! A post where I didn't mention books or television. That's got to be a bit of happiness for you. Have a good weekend and a Merry Christmas!
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
18 comments:
YESSSSS! I got the top mark.
So that tree that you constructed: was that a kit you bought or was it a wire cage from your tomato plants and branches from the tree outside. I made a wreath from the tree in my backyard. Did I ever post about it? Well, the tree was a good application of that too. Oh wait. Did you just use fake garland that you would have otherwise wound around the banister?
I like the lighting. IS there a chandeller in there? I can't remember. Did you decide on colors for the walls yet? You could just nix painting the walls and do the ceiling a delicious eggplant instead. There's a lady in my ward who did that in her dining room--it's SO beautiful! Granted her walls weren't so dark as yours. I think there was more of a funky paint job making it look huber textured, but really cool too. Seriously. Look into eggplant ceilings. You might adore it. And who doesn't love the color of eggplant? We could do some seriously awesome curtains to bring out the eggplant and the country blues on the walls. Think about it.
flazif. Hmmm. That's a toughy. Any ideas?
Bzzzttt! Try again. My massive amounts of comments were substantial, not one liners. But it did make my day just that the number had doubled :)
unang. unsang. We left the song unsang because Brenny was humming it for us. Unsang.
PS I just have to give an extra shout of for that fantastic yuletide jello. How do you make the white layer? Plain gelatin? like the stuff Cory and robin used to put in their hair for syncronized swimming? Or is it coconut jello that comes out opaque?
collac. Collect. I need to collect my gifts to give to Brenny. Collect.
SheesH! How many comments am I going to have to leave until I get some sort of response out of you or Robin or Cory? This is getting a big ridiculous.
ancoac. anaconda. I'm being eaten by a anaconda. anaconda
Take two. Sheesh! How many comments am I going to have to leave until I get some sort of response out of you or Robin or Cory? This is getting a BIT ridiculous.
miestfe. mistletoe. I saw Brenny kissing Santa Claus underneath the mistletoe. Mistletoe.
I love the lighting!! I think we're going to put that in our kitchen! I also want to add under the counter lights. Home improvement is so much fun, when you have the budget for it. (We rarely do!!)
Love the Christmas happiness and I must say....your Christmas card....hands down the funniest thing I have ever read. Thanks for making my day!
Becca let me read that Christmas Card! So funny! So Clever! It was great!
I enjoy your Friday blogs, your jello, and your recessed lighting. I too have experimented with layers recently, a first in fact. Though I wasn't doing it with Jello (my fav. treat at the hospital after having c-sections, it never got old) I was making soap, red, white, red, white, red, white and so forth. Soooo cute! I'd post a picture, but some people are getting these for Christmas.
Hook me up with the jello recipe, if you get the chance. Personally, I think jello is disgusting-but I've got a lot of little people around me that like it. Nice lights. Great card, we lol-ed.
Happy Christmas
I love the living room lighting! I love the Christmas card! Very fun! And I think your sister Jacqui is high. Let's do an intervention just for fun! We can all tell Jacqui how her addiction has ruined our lives!
Are you trying to tell me you MADE that tree? WHAT! :) fabulous.
did you catch my comment about "Elf?" seriously, if you haven't seen it, it can't be Christmas yet. not like I'm obsessed or anything. :)
I just love your REAL tree. Did you trim the branches from a pine tree in your yard, conquering two 'to dos' in one? I'll have to remember this fun tomato caged idea.
Loved the Christmas Card!!! Very Cute.
We LOVED the Christmas card! Want to write ours?
Seriously!@! Why didn't I get a christmas card?
glettabl. Glitterable. The hostess sent inviations that were very glitterable. glitterable.
Great Pictures,
We loved you Christmas card also.
It is always fun to check out your Posts.
Brenda you are the best!
Post a Comment