Thursday, September 30, 2010

September 29, 2010

September 29, 2010 was a big day for the Caseys. Red letter. Happy. Scary. Sweat inducing. Emotional. Much anticipated. Nerve racking.


September 29, 2010 was the first day any of us had to testify in court. May all subsequent court appearances be so happy.


September 29, 2010 was the day Big Miss has been texting me for weeks with a count down.


September 29, 2010 was a day we'd been talking and preparing Little Miss for for months, but still found we couldn't entirely prepare her. Court can be a scary unknown for anyone.


September 29, 2010 was a day that family and friends sat behind us listening while we told the judge about this little family we have put together.


September 29, 2010 was a day we got to brag about the two beautiful, special, wonderful girls we've gotten to know.


September 29, 2010 was the day we got to tell the judge that we could support, protect, and teach Big Miss and Little Miss for the rest of their lives.


September 29, 2010 was the day the judge agreed.


September 29, 2010 was the day we got to hug Big Miss and Little Miss and know they are our daughters officially and not just in our hearts.


September 29, 2010 was the day Big Miss and Little Miss were adopted into the Casey Family.


September 29, 2010 was a day Darren and I had prayed for for almost nine years -- five years before we met Big Miss and four years before Little Miss was born.


September 29, 2010 was a day I was reminded how much Heavenly Father loves his children and hears their prayers.


September 29, 2010 was a brilliant day.



30 comments:

Helen said...

It truly was a wonderful day! There were lots of tears of joy shed in the audience as we watched and listened. The judge commented that it was a day he would remember always and so will I.

Heather said...

What a great day!

Theturnerfamily5 said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your beautiful Family!

Megan said...

Congratulations! What a wonderfully happy day!

Kiley said...

Congratulations Casey family!

Carrie said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys! You have a beautiful family!

Lauren said...

I am SO HAPPY for you guys! Congrats. You guys will be FABULOUS parents! :)

Michelle said...

seriously, I'm bawling over here. just bawling. you've touched my heart. :) congrats on a most happy day.

Michelle said...

(by the way, this is michelle. as awesome as it would be if it were brandon, it's michelle.)

go team casey! (that's from brandon.)

Shannon said...

Oh, Brenda! Congratulations!

wyomingerica said...

that is so exciting, we cant wait to see the offical family.

flem-fam said...

Happy tears! Congratulations, Brenda! What a beautiful family you have!

Jacqui said...

Joy, Joy, Joy! I love you!

Courtney said...

Hip Hip Hooray for the Casey's!! We are so happy for ALL of you!

Haley and Mitch said...

That is fantastic! Congratulations!

Liz said...

WOW!! Really...that's all I have to say. WOW!!

terra said...

I would like to had to your list as that day, is why the Halls moved to Greeley to go to school!!
You guys love awesome. Can't wait for the temple.

The Mrs. said...

Sounds like a brilliant day to me! Congratulations!

The Morrells said...

Definitely happy tears on my face right now. Congrats to your sweet little family! That is wonderful news!

D.B. said...

Sweet!! Congrats!

cbo said...

Crying happy tears for you and Darren and the girls right now! Congratulations to a beautiful family.

Jacqui said...

Happy, Happy, Happy.

Kelli said...

Tears welling up in my eyes while I sit here with a huge grin on my face! I love those moments. I couldn't be happier for all of you. You need to start preparing them to meet your crazy cousin Kelli so that they will understand my enthusiasm when I finally get to meet them! What a blessing for us all! Congrats, congrats!

Kelly and Kyla said...

Congratulations!! You guys are such a cute family.:)

Trish said...

Yea!! Congratulations! I'm so glad it's "official"!

Leslie said...

This is so awesome! We got your picture/card in the mail and are so happy for you all! Love the smile on your faces and in your eyes! Congrats!

Ginger said...

I'm so so so happy for you! Way to make me cry!

Robin Fisher said...

Go TEAM CASEY!!! All of us are so happy for ALL of you. You are such a lucky girl :)


PS my verification word is retcher, ha, ha

Christi said...

I was thinking of you that day. Lots of love to all of you! Congratulations!!!!

MEB said...

Brenda-you amaze me! I love this post and I love your outlook on life. I am so happy for you and Darren. Your family is adorable. I am so glad everything is finally official. You two are the best parents! Congratulations!