Thursday, March 25, 2010

Man of Snow

We built a snowman yesterday. The storm Tuesday night scared school administrators and they cancelled school on Wednesday. The streets were dry by 10:00 and the day was gorgeous. No complaints. We had fun building the snowman.


We had him face the driveway so he would be staring at Darren when he got home. It was our attempt to be Calvin-esc.

We used a carrot for the nose and jelly beans for the eyes and mouth. Notice Little Miss's Bowie worthy rebel yell.

Because it was so sunny, our snowman began to melt.

And look more and more like he'd been drinking.

The jelly beans ran making him look like he had a black eye and problems putting lipstick on.

His carrot was noticeably dragging.

And he began to lean.

Yeah, totally sloshed.

Or sloshy, a sloshed and slushy combination, because he is made a snow after all.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

best. snowman. ever.

seriously giggling over here. thank you for that.

Kelli said...

A Drunk snowman is always a great laugh! thank you for sharing this one with me. So funny.

Ruth said...

I LOVE the yell!! Totally awesome... Glad you all had fun!!It's nice to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Jacqui said...

You had both Kraig and I laughing on that one. Definitely sloshed :)

Bahahaha!

Christi said...

Girl, you so funny. :) Love the drunken snowman.

Trish said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the snow! We haven't had any snowman worthy snow this year. At least we got to enjoy pictures of yours. :o)

curt and cathy said...

I'm so excited!! I now have January's calendar picture for next year.