Friday, March 19, 2010

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I don't know how it is for anyone else, but coming back to work after a vacation is a total let down for me. I missed my family, I missed my house, I missed sleep, but I did not miss work. Anyway, you know the saying, "What happens in Vegas..." Today's Friday Five are things that will stay in Vegas, but need to be recounted as I grasp at the last bit of the feeling left after a great vacation. Here's the list:


  1. Chest bumping after every strike during bowling. I'm not saying it doesn't happen outside of Vegas, but personally, I've only seen this group indulge in chest bumping while in Vegas.

  2. Classy shoes. These babies were only $13.00! I seemed drawn to shoes this year when we went shopping, but no, I didn't get them. These shoes are meant to stay in Vegas.

  3. My bushy eyebrows and mustache. The girls usually get a pedicure the first few days we are in Vegas. This year I wanted to get my eyebrows waxed, too. I'd given up plucking, so there was a lot of work to do. As the cute little Asian lady was leading me back to the chair of pain, she asked if I was getting my mustache waxed, too. WHAT? I always thought it wasn't that visible because it was blond. I asked her jokingly if it was that bad. She said bluntly, "Yes." Ouch. For my pride and my tender lip skin. So that, too is staying in Vegas. Sorry, no before and after pictures.

  4. The trip to the Las Vegas Temple stays in Vegas. Mostly because the temple can't move.

  5. The remote controlled heated pool and jacuzzi. Who doesn't love standing in their kitchen and checking to see if the water is warm enough to get in. Fabulous, but also staying in Vegas.

Ahhh, the memories. Back to reality where my only reminder and comfort from the trip is the fact that no one need look at my mustache. I can't wait for the trip next year.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

You have to be very secure in yourself when you go to those salons with the cute little Asian ladies. They are BRUTALLY honest! (And just so you know, I have never noticed a mustache on you!)

I'm glad you had such a good time.

Kelli said...

Loved the shoes. I can just imagine you wearing those to church! Oh well. I will have to take a closer look at your upper lip next time I see you!

The Coolest Allen Family said...

My girls were able to witness the joys of waxing my eyebrows and 'stache a week ago. I tried to not cry too hard; I have to be a good example ya know.

Jacqui said...

None of the photos loaded. I have no idea what these shoes looked like nor what your 'stache looked like. I don't think you needed to wax it.

I'll try back soon.

Yellow Barn Girl said...

Brenda! It has been so long since I have checked in to my blog. I am back now and have gone private! If you haven't received your invite send me your email. Also...I see two new additions Big and Little Miss. I would love to know more about the Casey Family! Email me at kimball_eckhardt@hotmail.com. Hope you are well!

LindsC said...

You're too fun!

Trish said...

I've never noticed a mustache either. I would hate to hear what they'd say about me! :o)