- Darren's favorite cake is yellow with chocolate frosting.
- He is in heaven if he can put his yellow cake with chocolate frosting in a glass of milk.
- Darren had a lot of green cakes growing up (it is St. Patrick's Day afterall), and always says the football field ones were his favorite.
- Darren isn't a pie person.
- Darren loves brownies, and has been known to eat them for breakfast.

- Darren doesn't eat a traditional breakfast, but he loves to have breakfast for other meals (brunch, brinner).
- Darren never chooses Italian restaurants when we go out to eat because he has a slight allergy to tomatoes.
- Darren will also never choose an Italian restaurant because he hates paying for noodles.
- When we are walking he grabs my hand just as often as I grab his.
- Darren rarely eats after 8:00 pm. This drives me nuts when I want a sweet treat and he won't indulge with me.
- Darren likes to drive when we go on road trips, but this last time he had me drive a stretch because he was exhausted. He slept almost the whole time I was driving. I was shocked, but was okay with it because:
- On our trip to Vegas he totally let me listen to Anne of Green Gables instead of insisting we listen to Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol.

- Darren is generally receptive to the books on tape I choose for our road trips. He does let me know if they are boring.
- If Darren finds something funny and we are in a group, he will whisper it in my ear instead of waiting until we are alone.
- Darren was invited to play on a dodgeball team.
- He hasn't invited us to come and watch because he says there is no place to sit without being hit.

- I think Darren looks like Evan Lysacek, only without the slicked back hair and glitter.
- Darren does the second half of bedtime for Little Miss and likes to tell her made up stories about Bailey the dog and Scuzzy, his cat when he was little.

- Little Miss asks me for Scuzzy stories sometimes, but her skeptical expression tells me my stories lack something. Darren must be good.
- Darren hardly torments and teases me now that we have the girls.
- Darren likes to give all of us the choice, "Do you want me to tickle your foot for 2 minutes, or for 5 minutes?"
- If Darren sees you playing with a toy that looks fun, he will wait anxiously next to you until he can grab it for a turn.
- Darren has discovered an addictive game on his phone. As near as I can tell it is a cross between Tetris, Dr. Mario, and Minesweeper.

- Darren lets me rant and rave about anything, no matter how silly or insignificant. He is not much of a ranter.
- Darren and Big Miss get along really well. He knows just how to make her smile when she is in a grouchy mood.
- Darren says he got the skill above by practicing on me.
- Darren rarely checks this blog, but Darren never checks any blogs so I'm not offended.
- Darren sits at a computer all day and we email back and forth. This is the excuse we give anytime anyone asks why we don't have texting on our phones.
- Darren is convinced that people can IM him on his Blackberry. I have explained that yes, people can IM him, but is called texting and we get charged for it. It doesn't come through his email.

- Darren is great about remembering to say family prayer and have family home evening. Before we had kids I always wondered how he would be about those things.
- Darren still makes my insides go all jumpy and butterflyish. He makes me happy.


Darren probably won't read this list, but it was fun to write. Happy Birthday Honey B! I love you. I love you. I love you.
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
11 comments:
(Doug Says)Happy Birthday Bathroom Natzi...we shared last year when we had the master (actually I think about the same thing happened. Good news is you don't get the master next year...I think it is back to becca and josh unless Larry and Keisha come (Is that just as funny... Keisha, are you comming?))
Happy Birthday Darren!!!
P.S. I love the list and I read the entire thing!!
Happy Birthday Darren! I liked the list-I read it all, because it wasn't too sappy, just interesting info. Sorry about the no food after 8 deal, that's kinda rough. :)
I am so glad Darren is in our family. He is a great brother.
Happy Birthday Darren! #26 made me laugh. I hope Trevor has learned enough through his experience with me to deal well with Abby and Brinly as teenagers. Also, I can't believe how different Darren and Trevor's eating habits are. He even suggests we go to Olive garden and eats snacks right before bed. The only one that was the same is the cake in the milk.
Happy Birthday Darren!! Great list Brenda, it was fun to read!!
Finally! Someone that doesn't think cake in milk is gross....and it's even yellow cake with chocolate frosting, which is definitely the best! One year we'll have to share our birthday party and serve cake and milk. Happy birthday Darren....glad I share the day with someone as cool as you!
Happy Birthday Darren! Brenda I loved the list! I love that he tells Little Miss stories, makes Big Miss laugh and that he still makes you feel betterflyish.
Especially LOVE the two pics at the bottom!! SO CUTE!! Happy Birthday Darren!
HAppy St. PAtrick's Day!
Bah Ha. Happy Birthday, Darren!
I'm thinking in the pic under 12 and the last pic that Darren is looking like Dan Brown? (silly thing won't let me post a pic here)
Post a Comment