Friday, March 5, 2010

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Welcome, welcome Friday morning. Activity after activity after activity, that is what's been going on at our house. Not much of a theme unfortunately, but still Friday Five worthy. Here's the list:



  1. My sister Jacqui, for whom this blog's main purpose is to make laugh, had her baby a week ago Monday. He is a beautiful strawberry blond boy named Thomas. Jacqui and Kraig are big on nicknames so his name won't stay as the formal 'Thomas' for long. Tommy Boy has made it's appearance, which I love, but Jacqui has been spelling it like Thommy. I can't help but pronounce the 'Th' so it sounds like I have a lisp. And while Tom, Tom Thumb, Little Tom Tom, are all cute, I find myself referring to him as 'Thomas and Percy'. And of course I say it in my pathetic British accent, shaming Ringo Starr in the process. I just can't help it but figure I have a few years to get it out of my system. Thomas (and Perrrrcy) is a sweetheart. I need to visit to get some cuddle time in. Congratulations Jacqui and Kraig, and welcome to the family Thomas (and Percy)!

  2. We got swallowed up in the Winter Olympics this year. Thank goodness for the good old DVR so we caught all the events we cared about and could forward through those that did not inspire us. The girls didn't get into it as much as we did, but Little Miss did like the ice skating costumes and music. They inspired her to dress up and dance. She also convinced Darren to join in the dancing. Never underestimate the power of a little girl asking her dad to dance.

  3. Big Miss is finishing up her junior bowling league. Yeah, you heard that right, she is in a bowling league. Big Miss was always asking to go bowling, and being the misers we are, we thought we'd let her overdose on 3 games a week in a league (which is much less expensive) to get it out of her system. Turns out that made her want to go recreationally even more. Any who, I'm not sure if she will continue with the league, but I may try to convince her to do a parent/child league with me. Yes, after watching her I wanted in on the action.


  4. Last weekend we had date night: Darren and Big Miss went to dinner and the school musical Oklahoma, and Little Miss and I went to dinner and the BYU Folk Dancers. Little Miss was disappointed when she realized we were WATCHING folk dancing and not DANCING folk dances. We did a double date with a friend of hers and her mom, and so us moms let the little girls dance by their seats before the performance began. Despite her disappointment, I think she had fun.

  5. The bedroom revamp continues. Darren bought the materials to build our closet, but realized he would need to paint first, so I think that is what we will be doing this weekend. Yay. I'm kind of excited for a change, but probably MORE excited for the new closet. I have noticed his plans don't include a lot of space for shoes. That may be a problem.

I am ready to be done with this week. Hooray for Friday. I hope you all have a good weekend.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

10 comments:

Robin Fisher said...

What, no pictures of the bedroom??!?! What paint color did you decide on? I think you should totally do the bowling thing. You guys could get matching shoes and shirts and come up with cool 50s nicknames for each other.

Trish said...

I love hearing about your activities! They sound like fun (and remind me that we need to do better at the one-on-one dates with our kids again). What color did you decide on for the bedroom?

LindsC said...

Does soind like you guys have been up to a lot of fun activities. I love that Darren was dancing with Little miss. Very cute!

Becky said...

We have a friend who wanted to be clever in naming their child. They liked the name Nathan but thought it was too common and for some reason, switching the N with a J seemed like the adventure for them. So, they have a son named Jathan. The problem is, I can't say it without thinking it's a variation of the name Jason, only with a lisp. People really need to test out their names on twisted minds like mine before making it official.

Ruth said...

I love the date night idea!! You guys are seriously the best!!

Jacqui said...

Did I really spell Tommy "Thommy" once? Complete oversight. My son's nickname does not have a lisp. I'll try and edit better next time (probably not).

I agree wit Rhobin. I think you and Shtacy should definitely get matching bowling shirts. In fact, we know someone with an embrodiery machine who can stitch your names on the pockets. Perfect!

I'm glad you got a photo of Dharren dancing with his little girl. Darling.

Come and visit my little Tommy anytime. He told me last night that he misses his aunt Bhrenny.

Kelli said...

Jacqui- you totally did spell his name Thommy and I thought "Oh crap I am never going to remember to spell it this new fangled way" What a relief.

Brenda- Could you possible consider doing a Friday Fifteen instead? I love all your little snippets of your life. The pictures, the stories, all of it. I crave more. The picture of Darren dancing brought tears to my eyes! If you tell him that please explain it was because he looked so goofy not that it was the sweetest thing ever.
I want to see the matching bowling shirts pretty please.

Leslie said...

My sister Melanie will talk in a lisp in random places like stores and at work. She can pull it off really good without laughing. I however cannot....I crack up every time!

The Lukes said...

Thanks for a fun night! Could I possibly get copies of the pictures you took? Thanks!

Natalie said...

Ahh, the folk dancers!!!! how exciting. If I'd known they were in town, I would have joined you. And congrats to Jacqui ;)