- Today was pajama day at Little Miss's daycare. There is a whole long story involving me telling Little Miss one morning she would have to wear pajamas to daycare because she was taking too long getting ready, but having it backfire when she was actually REALLY excited to keep her pajamas on. It took a while for her to stop asking to wear her pajamas each morning. Anyway, Little Miss was super excited to have permission to wear her pajamas today.

- Big Miss has had quite a week. We have ALL had quite a week with the stress Big Miss has caused. I won't share specific details, but Big Miss has lost quite a few privileges. Anyway, the one piece of advice I received this week that I have a feeling will be sticking with me for a long time is this: "If your sixteen-year-old is mad at you, then you're doing your job." Just thought I'd share.
- Masterpiece Theater began airing Emma, a new adaptation of Jane Austen's book, this week. I finally got to my DVR recording last night and am LOVING it. Admittedly, Emma is my least favorite of her books, but so far the movie has me hooked. Could it be because Jonny Lee Miller plays Mr. Knightly? Possibly -- I've had a celebrity crush on him since he was in Eli Stone. Two episodes have yet to air, but if you want to catch up on the first one, here is the link to watch it online.

- Speaking of cute Austen men, I took the 'Bachelors of Highbury' quiz on the Masterpiece Theater website and got matched with... Robert Martin. As in "Robert Martin the young farmer who loves Harriet Smith but gets his heart broken because Emma meddles". Am I seriously that boring?
- Not to bring the mood down or anything, but my uncle died this week. He'd been struggling with cancer for a while, so really it was a good thing that his suffering is over. Anyway, as I was thinking about him, I started getting homesick for the Rencher Homestead. My memories of him will always be associated with the smell of dock and 4-wheeler exhaust fumes, sitting on the cabin steps listening to his stories, helping fence the property, airplanes buzzing the meadow, flashing firearms, and the peace of being in a place we both love. Horace, you'll be missed.

Hope that last one didn't bum you out too much. All I can say is, yay for Friday and Welcome Weekend. I hope you have a good one.
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
7 comments:
1. P.J. day is fun. Today was cowboy day at Abby's school. Note to self...It might be a good idea to get the cowboy costume together before the morning she needs to wear it, especially if cowboy accessories aren't part of wardrobe.
2.I'm scared to have teenagers.
3. I'm guess since Masterpiece theatre wasn't included in your last post it's not a show you watch with Darren. :o)
4. Not familiar enough with that one!
5. I'm sorry about your Uncle. It sounds like you have lots of good memories.
Thanks for keeping it real, Brenda! Your posts always make me laugh. (Except for your Uncle's passing. Sorry to hear about that.)
I had to run over and try the quiz myself. I was matched with Mr. Knightly, "The complete package: a man with brains, good looks, a great job, perfect manners and a sizeable fortune to boot."....well, at least I do call him the complete package even though he didn't come with a sizable fortune. I'm guessing my answers mean I spend money?!?
Autumn looks like Stacy in that photo.
I'm definitely going to Hulu Emma since I didn't know I needed to be watching it.
And yes, all this remembering about Horace has made me miss the Homestead, too.
I got Frank Churchill!?! I'm surprised, but I'm glad I didn't get Mr. Woodhouse. For some reason I really like Emma. I find the main character to be self-centered and spoiled, yet somehow endearing. I think it stems back to the fact that I really like the Gwenyth Paltrow Emma, which I saw before I read the novel, so it seems to slant my prejudices. I haven't watched it yet-I'm waiting to get them all on the DVR, so if I like it, I don't have to wait a week between episodes. Is it good?
I gave a talk in church last Sunday-I mentioned that I found the adolescent years fascinating and exciting (not my own, mind you), but that my opinion on that might change as my own children enter those years-there were many affirmatory laughs. Oh well. Good luck with that. Even Lorelai Gilmore had to put her foot down at times-and she was still cool. :)
I'm sorry about your uncle, but glad you have so many great memories. :)
Thanks for the link. I can't wait to watch.
ps-I got Mr. Knightly!
Yeah I haven't heard of that show I will have to check it out! Also, I hate it when I'm trying to give punishments and the backfire. And does it still mean the same thing if your four year old is mad at you? :)
Post a Comment