Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Almost Like New

My parents did something different this year for Christmas. They gave us each money with the direction to go buy something for ourselves, wrap it, and then open it in front of everyone. Seriously, it was so fun to see what all my siblings chose for themselves. Unfortunately, Darren and I got our money too late, so the shopping had to occur after Christmas. This is more for my siblings and parents, but here is what I got for Christmas. (Thanks Mom and Dad!)


Love seat Before

With Little Miss for scale (because you always need scale)

Love seat After

With Little Miss for scale, but not a great picture.


This is my first foray into sofa covers. I'm pleased with the outcome. The couches are hand-me-downs, and while we are thankful to have them (our living room would be bare otherwise), the cream southwestern pattern didn't really go.

Especially since we painted the room yellow.

Now with the new covers, the pillows REALLY don't go. I'm hoping to convince Jacqui to help me make pillow covers. I have ideas for colors -- something peppy to offset the 'brown and gold' theme I unintentionally created by getting brown covers for my yellow walled room. Doh!

See, I really need pilow covers. Even Big Miss's cuteness can't make the pillows work.


I'm thrilled with the purchase, although I need covers for the matching chair and ottoman, too... Man, it never ends, does it.

You should see what Darren got for Christmas. It was perfect. Thanks again Mom and Dad!

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

5 comments:

Baby's got blue eyes said...

Love the sofa cover! Love the girls sitting on the sofa covers even more! Thanks for sharing your Christmas gift.

Becky said...

Wow, that looks a lot better. Sorry to any south western fans who might have loved it the other. We are repainting the room that will be for the upcoming twins and I've been trying to get the right yellow, a very hard feat. I kept having to go lighter and creamier until I got the right one. Thank goodness for those samples you can buy. It seems yellow needs a really light room and this one was more of a cave. I'm so happy now with what I finally chose.

Good luck with the pillows, I'd help you if I were there.

Jacqui said...

I'm going to send you a link for a lady who does lots of pillow covers.

I like the brown. I can't wait to see them in person!

Helen said...

I don't think your room will look "brown and gold", I just think it will look warm and inviting!

LindsC said...

I thought it was a new love seat at first. I think it turned out really nice. and I know what you mean about things never being done.