Friday, February 5, 2010

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Just a quick Friday Five:


  1. We went to the Air Force/Wyoming game last Saturday. Despite the loss, it was a good game. Plus, we got to visit with some good friends. Thanks again for hanging out with us Inger!


  2. Speaking of friends, Little Miss seemed to be quite fond of the Air Force Falcon. At one point he asked for a high five and she gave him a hug. Pistol Pete does not get the same warm reception.

  3. Darren started a new project this week -- scraping the popcorn off our bedroom ceiling. He needed something to do, and this was the next, and cheapest, on the project list. I say it was the cheapest, but once he started all sorts of ideas started gathering steam in his brain. Redo the closet! Recessed lighting! Lighting in the closet! Mount on the wall for the eventual flat screen television! New drapes! Art! *Sigh*


  4. At the moment I'm in charge of picking a paint color for our room. I don't want anything dark, but instead a light, relaxing, beach feeling color. I've been experiementing with colors online at Lowes. Don't ask how much time I wasted. Anyway, I'm leaning toward the hint of blue or a hint of lavender. What color would you choose for your bedroom if you could?


  5. The Superbowl is on Sunday. I know, not big news; however, it is a big deal that we don't have plans yet. It is an official Casey Holiday, or at least Darren and I have always dubbed it so. I do plan on making meatballs, a veggie tray, and onion dip and maybe have a few friends over. And because I like underdogs, I'll be rooting for the Saints. Needless to say, I'll probably focus more on food and commercials rather than the game...

Have a great weekend!

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

8 comments:

Ruth said...

I LOVE the family pic at the UW game!!! SO CUTE!! Dito to the home projects...when you start you always find something to throw in that you didn't plan for:) Love you guys!!!

D.B. said...

blue, maybe blue on the top half, with some trim or crown molding and some light sadn color on the bottom, beach like you know :)

Trish said...

Did Darren really think of drapes and art? Wow! I'm impressed with his attention to detail. I've seen some blue colors recently that I like in decorating. Right now I'm leaning toward a more neutral color for the walls in our bedroom and having the quilt (and art and drapes I guess!) have more color. Have a good weekend!

Jacqui said...

I say do something drastic in your bedroom--like a hip accent wall. Maybe with antique screen frames as decor? I don't know. That's just off the top of my head.

I say no lavendar. SAve that for Autumn's room.

You look skinny. Have you been losing weight? I have a photo of you from the suprise shower and you are practically wasting away (in a good way).

The Mrs. said...

Food---- since you are wasting away you should make Fat City Squares (or not if you want to stay skinny) with milk. I can teach you to make lumpia, they are always a crowd pleaser!

Oh and apparently the girls are enjoying sharing a room, they have slept until 8 am for 2 days in a row!

Natalie said...

I say...go Falcons! and go blue (not b/c of the Falcons, but because it's more relaxing). Cute pics...have a fun super bowl with the kiddos

D.B. said...

PS - I totally watched Emma online and was totally hooked - jet

LindsC said...

It would definatly have to be blue at our house, I don't think brent would allow lavender. plus I think it would be more relaxing. I also love the pic of you guys at the game. Good luck w/ your super bowl plans I'm trying to make some too.