Friday, July 10, 2009

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Happy Friday! Here's a bunch of nonsense that has nothing to do with what we did this week. Well, okay, today's Friday Five does involve the fluffy padding of our week, just not the meat of the week. Here's the list:



  1. No big surprise, I've been looking forward to the new Harry Potter movie. Unfortunately, I've had it in my head that it was coming out July 7th. I had already decided that no matter what else we had going on, I was going to see it this weekend. In anticipation I watched the trailer on Monday (July 6th) and ' Coming July 15th' popped up. My disappointment was severe. AND I'd mentioned July 7th on my blog in several places. Jacqui, you aren't doing your job -- you need to point out when I'm wrong. Just kidding, I think I'd rather feel silly than have you tell me how often I am wrong...

  2. Which brings me to another point Jacq: yes, I googled a Spanish to English translator for 'el malo'. What does it mean in your Venezuelan Spanish? I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying we've had differing definitions for other words, too...

  3. I finished watching Lost in Austen this week. It was another take on Pride and Prejudice, but tells the story as if a modern girl and Elizabeth Bennet switch places. Fun, but as the character said, "'Thunk!' That was Jane Austen rolling over in her grave."

  4. We installed cupboards above the washing machine and dryer. I'm glad because the shelves that were there have long been the bane of my life. Well, at least they became the bane anytime I got near them to find something. I won't blame anyone specifically for their disorder, but I will say I have a junk drawer that is my catch all, and someone else in our house used these shelves to toss their odds and ends...

  5. I've been reading Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell during lunch. I'm only in the '10,000 hours' section, so not very far, and while it is extremely interesting, I already feel completely inadequate and unsuccessful. Besides reading, I can't pinpoint any one thing that I have given enough time and energy towards to be close to the 10,000 hours required for mastery and success. Don't suggest television -- that would make me sad. Geology? I don't feel like I have close to 10,000 hours under my belt. I hope the remaining chapters are more encouraging for the rest of us poor slobs.

Have a happy Friday and a great weekend.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

did you know I think you are so great? that's all. :) thanks for some friday happiness.

Ruth said...

They had a late night 1am showing of the Harry Potter movie in Worland this week... so I don't know why it isn't until the 15th?

Becky said...

I'll have to check out that "lost in Austen." I can hardly wait for Harry Potter! Though I do know I can wait at least a week to see it. I don't like crowds.

Jacqui said...

I think you could safely call yourself a master of reading. Remember that mom used to call you her night owl because you'd stay up late reading?

I didn't catch the error on the HP release date because I couldn't remember it myself. We're going to see it that night. How about you? Wanna come?

Jacqui said...

Side notes: I watched HP #5 in preparation a few weeks ago. I'm SO excited.

We finally saw QofS father's day weekend. The action was good, but could you follow the plot? It was just a lot of chases...

I saw Star Trek at Cory's last week. It was SO good! I'm definitely going to rent it for Kraig to see it. We totally mocked all the Trekys that were counting the days until it's release, but it was really good!

Trish said...

My comment has three parts:
1. I'm off on when Harry Potter comes out too then. :o)
2.Trevor keeps asking if you've posted pictures of the fence.
3. The rug was on sale, but not for a super fabulous price, just an o.k. one. I got it because I thought it would bring the room together and was so cute. :o)

Christi said...

I didn't like Lost in Austen at all, in fact I skipped through most of it. I'm a purist, I guess. Have you watched 10 Things I Hate about You on ABCFam? I think I might like it...it's programmed to be recorded, so that's a pretty big commitment.

Tom and I are so bad at getting out to movies. It's weird b/c I like movies. I think we need to invest in a better home system (we are still old school...tube TV, no surround sound) since we watch most movies at home. Maybe we'll make it to HP, but then we haven't made it to any of the other summer movies we really wanted to see...

Anyway, have a great weekend!

Laura Ann Terry said...

My sister has been trying to get me to watch Lost in Austen forever. Does the Thunk mean it wasn't any good?

LindsC said...

I also have many places that some one else in my house likes to stick everything. :)

wyomingerica said...

We loved camping with the trailer, we feel so lucky to have it. How are you doing?

Robin Fisher said...

ONE MORE DAY!!!

D.B. said...

'El Malo' that's easy, that's what ppl from the south say when they're making smores; 'pass me el malo.'