Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Make Your Own

We had a fun Young Women's last night. Our Mia Maid Advisor helped the girls and their moms make sugar hand and foot scrub and lotion. She had all the yummy scents to add and everything.


Here is one of the girls who likes green. The lotion is a bit more fluorescent than I would want to put on my skin, but it worked. The foot scrub almost looks like avocado.

Mmmmm... avocado.

Overall, it was a hit. When asked, one Mia Maid said the activity was an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10.


We'll take it.

It actually made me think of the store 'Lotions and Potions'. Does anyone remember that store? I know I'm dating myself, but I remember roaming around smelling oils and choosing my favorites for future lotions. I never bought anything. maybe that is why I haven't seen them in a while...

Or it could just be that Bath and Body Works now has the corner on the smelly lotion business.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

I remember that store. I was fascinated with the potion that smelled like citrus blossoms.

So, can we do pedicures?

Christi said...

Totally remember...Southwest Plaza, right? I think you did buy something, didn't you gift me. Peaches and Cream is ringing a bell. Or maybe I gifted my mom. Yeah, we spent a lot of time in that store...especially given our indecisiveness-yikes, too many choices!

Adam Jensen said...

I totally remember that store! What a fun activity! I might need those recipes to use for our girls! Oh and I love your Colorado post too :)

Amanda said...

Would she be willing to share what the ingredients are. I'd love to made some scrubs and lotions.