Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Little Colorado Love

I'm not going to lie. The first couple times I saw this license plate I had this reaction:


What do you like? 'I LIKE'... What? 'I LIKE' .... Oh. 'I LIKE' Colorado.

Yeah buddy, I like Colorado, too. I don't want to diss other states because I know there is beauty everywhere (especially in the spring), but this morning was a gorgeous Colorado spring day and I was glad to be in Colorado and not some other place.

The snow capped mountains were calling to me.

Longs Peak

The blue skies made my heart sing.

Rocky Mountain National Park and newly plowed field.

If I were John Denver, I would have been singing 'Rocky Mountain High'. If I could have found my John Denver cd I would have played it.

Today, I am happy to be living in Colorado.

I hope those of you outside the state can feel the love, too.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

11 comments:

Becky said...

Colorado looks like a nice place to live. I've never actually been in that state, so maybe someday. I get annoyed with vanity plates that make no sense. Also, logos that are unclear. There's this company or something called Senticy, I think, but I think they sell smelly candles and things like that. I can't even really remember the title, Stentisy? Scenticy? Scentsy? Anyway, it bugs and I am determined never to be a buyer of such nonsense.

Jacqui said...

Ooo! It is beautiful today. And there's still the touch of snow from the blizzard lingering as it melts into the grass, giving a nice offset to the new spring green blades. Lovely!

Kiley said...

Colorado is really pretty. I feel the same about Teton Valley. But it's all the people that make me really dislike those places. Jason's Bagley ancestors were some of the first to settle the Valley and I'm sad we can't carry on the Bagley name there.

Christi said...

Mmmmmm, Colorado.

Helen said...

It is definitely a Colorado day! I am glad to live in Colorado--snow on the mountain tops is so beautiful.

Jayne said...

Sniff...sniff...I miss you Colorado! So beautiful!

KristiBT said...

ooohh..It's nice to be back! Kinda went on a 'noblogkick' for awhile there. I can always count on a chuckle or two when I wander over here!

Kelli said...

I haven't lived in Colorado but I do love a lot of people that live there. I like you Colorado. Be good to those people of yours!

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Oh how I miss it!!

LindsC said...

I feel the Love! :)

Laurie said...

I'm feeling the love Brenda--believe me--the Colorado love never dies. :)