
Sings tiny operas to my soul, if you will (seriously, that is the only thing I could figure this plate meant). Like I said, there aren't many. Today's Friday Five are my top five celebrity/character crushes over the years. I always seem to remember them in the Spring... Here's the list:


- The Incredible Hulk. I'm not talking Dr. David Banner either, I'm talking about his big green alter ego. Even though I was little when this show was on, I still remember waiting for the hulk to appear. I know it's weird, but I wouldn't tell you if it weren't true. I think it was because he was so strong. Anyway, Lou Ferrigno still holds a special place in my heart.

- Mark-Paul Gosselaar, aka Zach Morris. I know, he was an obvious tween Tiger Beat pin up, but I liked him when he was on Good Morning Miss Bliss, even before Saved by the Bell. To this day I like the middle school, freshman, and sophomore high school Zach Morris years best.

- Brendan Frasier. No Encino Man jokes please. I actually started liking Mr. Frasier when he starred in School Ties with Chris O'Donnell (and Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Chris Hauser...). Chris O'Donnell was the original celebrity crush, but it quickly transferred to Brendan Frasier when I heard him singing 'Smokey Joe's Cafe'. That man can move! Plus, in so many of his other roles he seemed like a bit of a geek, and you know me and geeks. I totally wanted to hang out with him when I was in high school. I know his movie career since School Ties has been directed towards family entertainment, but that actually makes me like him more.

- Michael Vartan. He is pretty much the reason I watched Alias. Okay, that's not true, Sidney Bristow rocked, but having cute agent Michael Vaughan as her handler totally helped. He was tough, and smart, and made Sidney work hard, but he could be sensitive, too. I didn't actually watch the last season because they killed him off (or so they led you to believe, from what I hear...).

- Nathan Fillion. He's my newest celebrity crush. He has played parts here and there, but it wasn't until I started watching Castle, the ABC mid-season show, that I started paying more attention. He totally reminds me of Bruce Willis in Moonlighting (although it has been awhile and I don't remember everything about Moonlighting) -- he is a little geeky and smart and funny. So far the show has been fairly clean, too, which I always like. I'm smiling just thinking about some of his lines. If I still had them recorded Jacqui, I would make you watch them over and over. Classic.
Little Operas, I tell ya. Well, not the Incredible Hulk so much anymore, but I'm guessing there are some pretty cringe worthy celebrity crushes you are harboring. Go ahead and get them off your chest, it would make me feel better about the green guy. I hope you have a good weekend.
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
21 comments:
Ooo! Brendan Frsiser. I loved School Ties because of you and Christi.
I've already posted my celebrity crush: Ewan McGregor. I'm pretty open to any guy that can sing.
I haven't watched castle because it come on after 9 and I try to head to bed by nine. I'd love to watch it with you some weekend...while we sew drapes...and can peaches...
Oh, and KRaig would definitely want me to confess to my crush on Shia LaBouf (butchering the spelling, but too lazy to google it). He had me at darling Stanley Yelnats.
Andy tells me that his celebrity crush is Dora the Explorer. And not the new Dora, but the old one with the blunt haircut. Wooo Wooo!
And he says Clifford the big red Dog too, but I hesitate to put that since Clifford is a boy dog. Maybe he really means Emily, Clifford's owner. I'll push that point.
Joshy says his favorite is the Doggy, so I can only assume that means Clifford too. Power of suggestion. I should have asked him in private :)
quotablm. A problem quote. "The quotablm arose when when mistakenly thought the license plate read "Tiny Opera." Quotablm.
Oh Jacq, you make me laugh. I remember your post about Ewan... I'll start saving the Castle's so we can watch them while we sew curtains...
Oh Brenda, good times. Definitely Zach Morris. Brendan Frasier/Chris O'Donnell-oh the memories. (Bikers. crunch crunch) And, yes, Vaughn. I cannot stand that they cast Tom Hanks in the DaVinci Code movies...Michael Vartan would have been soooo much better, much more of what I imagined the charchter to be. Lately, I've been digging the accents-consequently my latest crushes are Matthew Macfadynen (he's Mr. Darcy to Keira Knightley's Jane, and he's also in this show I've been watching on PBS called MI-5, entertaining spy show...I'm a sucker for spy shows, ohhh, that reminds me of another crush, I'll get to that later.) and James McAvoy, but he's too short. My last one is Jeffrey Donovan who plays Michael Weston on Burn Notice. Actually, I don't know that I have a crush on him, so much as on the show as a whole. Love it. Have you watched? It's like Miami Vice meet MacGyver-ish. Fun.
Wait-is this your blog? My how I run on....thanks for the space.
Wasn't Fillion's character in Blast from the Past the one who "wears another man's underwear" and was dating the super model who went to Harvard? That's one of my favorite Brendan Frasier movies along with School Ties. Yes, I too shared that crush. Though, I think my earliest crushes was for Johnny Depp when he was on 21 Jump Street. Hot stuff! Besides, he and I have the same birthday, June 9th.
What about Christian Bale from Newsies?!?!?! and now the New Batman?
I absolutely love Nathan Fillion in all his shows. I first noticed him in "Firefly," the Joss Whedon space cowboy t.v. series. It was prematurely cancelled, but then he played in the movies Saving Private Ryan, Serenity, and Waitress. He's such a hoot and he's adorable, too.
I would have to say that my t.v. crush was Jonathan Brandis off "SeaQuest DSV." I know that I'm dating myselft when I write that, but back then, he was it!!
Ohhh, good call Robin.
Little Dorrit was one I really wanted to watch, although Dickens hasn't really been calling me lately. (I was going to try to read it before watching.) Anyway, my kids have learned to use the remote...sort of. I found it out a few weeks ago when all of my shows I'd been saving got erased. To be relpaced with Clone Wars, Drake and Josh, etc. Kids. Guess I'll have to try to library...
Ooo. Yes, Christian Bale. Good call.
And did you just change the colors on your layout? Like 3 minutes ago? I swear it wasn't this color when I checked it this morning.
My problem is that I develop a crush and then the actor does something really stupid in his public life and I never can stand to look at him again! Stupid actors.
I really didn't have a lot of celebrity crushes.... But I did LOVE Zach Morris! I have seen like EVERY saved by the bell. I remember it would be on different channels at different times and I would watch it all!!!
There was a guy in my 6th grade class who everyone thought looked like Zach. All the girls wanted him. But he liked ME! He was actually my first kiss :) but then I felt guilty for having a "boyfriend" behind my parents back and so I broke up with him :) But he was my real life Zach Morris!
In more recent years I had a crush on Clark Kent, the one in Smallville. He was so good, saved people and strong! Wholesome Handsome Goodness. I didn't lust after him, I just liked that he was so GOOD! Too bad the show got too risque for us and we stopped watching it around the 4th season? When Bo Duke (his dad) was killed.
Brenda, I love your blog :)
I totally agree with Michael Vartan. I watched some of the Alias episodes online and his character just pulled me in! (Yes, the tough smart guy who was such a softie.) Our library only had the last season on DVD so I spoiled the whole show for myself and watched it. You soooo have to rent it!! The ending scene with Vaughan and Sydney is the best!!
Eat your heart out with this info. I actually went to a live taping of Saved By the Bell. One of the advantages of growing up in the LA area I guess. Of course I also went to a taping of the Sinbad Show, which is not something to brag about.
I really loved JTT, Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
That camping stuff does look fun and convienient.
I, like you, don't have many. :o) I did really like Jared Leto though for awhile. I was so hoping he'd make the list!
Wow, lots of crushing going on here! I might have to break out in The Jets song.
I love CASTLE! Jacqui, you can watch it on abc.com, although watching it with Brenda would be way more fun I'm sure, so nevermind.
I forgot... what about Tiny Oprah? Maybe the owner is a powerful black woman who likes to give stuff away, just on a smaller scale!
So I am amazed at the comment tally's your posts illicit,(even if there are multiple posts from the same ppl) quite impressive. We went to IA last wknd and I wrote down some custom plates and don't know where the list is. As for a crush I'm going to have to stray from the above, in Middle School I thought Paula Abdul was a gift from heaven LOL, i'll stop there.
I would have to agree with you on Nathan Fillion. I like Castle too and I've developed a little crush on him too...lol!
Post a Comment