Friday, March 27, 2009

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I know, I know. It was blizzarding all day yesterday and I still couldn't find time to blog. I blame needing to unwind after my white knuckle drive home. Have you ever noticed that blizzards are exciting at first, but that the novelty wears off fast. Yesterday both Darren and I came home early, but then realized we could do very few things on our 'to do' list because everything else was closed. We made brownies.

Anyway, back to the Friday Five. As I mentioned before, I've become slightly obsessed with personal license plates. I've never realized how many people have them. How does one decide what to put on them? I found some cool ones as I was driving to Denver, but the jackpot really came in Las Vegas. Today's Friday Five are a few of my favorite 'express my self in limited space' license plates. Here's the list:

*before you think it is creepy that someone would actually photograph another person's license plate, please realize that you don't get a personalized plate because you don't like attention and want to be inconspicuous. If you find your license plate and want me to remove it, I totally will.



  1. Toga! Toga! Toga! Animal House would be proud.

  2. I thought at first this guy was saying something about his environmental awareness, but his huge green SUV said otherwise.

  3. This one makes me giggle, but I wouldn't do it by this lady because I honestly think she would kick my trash. I don't like confrontation. Look at the partial bumper sticker -- is she saying her kid is smarter than your honor student?

  4. Cool, right? It is the old school use of a few letters to say a lot. Classic.

  5. What exactly is this person thanking Las Vegas for? Or are they thanking 'Love' for the car or something. All I know is I was saying 'Thanks Las Vegas!' by the end of the trip. Seriously, Las Vegas was like the promised land for my personalized license plate obsession.

Oh my goodness, I have so many good ones still to share. A list of five just does not cut it. I'll post some more soon. Also, I know you've thought about it -- what would YOU put on a license plate? Have a good weekend.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

12 comments:

Kelli said...

I love personalized license plates too! I have yet to think of one for myself though. Dave would never let me do it! Can't wait to see more.

Christi said...

I would like a sweet German car, with SCHNELL on the plates. Totally impressed with Nevada...and with your ability to spot all those. Seriously, were you there for bball or license plate hunts?

Jacqui said...

That's really fun. I'll send you any fun ones I get. How do you effectively take photos while you drive. Or maybe I shouldn't ask.

The Mrs. said...

Let me tell you about my favorite personalized plate, I actually know the person who owns the car too. GUSLVSU (California). He husband got it for her. It is suppose to read G-US Loves U, not Gus loves U! She is a huge Christian.

Jayne said...

Not sure what I would put on a license plate but I googled it. My favorites were GLBL WMR, NA HE DNT, NOT OJ (on a white Bronco), U R NXT (on a hearse), 1 MPG ( on a Hummer), HIOFECER and BYOFECR, SHZMAD, DRTHVDR, IFRGT, and last but not least IH8WORK.
Glad you had a fun vacation!

Logan and Ashley said...

That may have been the funniest post. I love it as well when people do personalized license plates. I would have no idea what I would put on mine, come to think of it I don't think I could get Logan to go for it. After all he would at some point drive the car...

Ruth said...

Soo funny Brenda! I didn't know you liked personalized licence plates... I learned something new... but you did find the jackpot!! I have always wanted to make one up on my own, but never have yet. Maybe someday you will see our vehicle with a personalized plate:)

wyomingerica said...

I want to write GOTBOYZ but wyoming doesn't have enough letter on thier plates. I have asked.

Heidi said...

I am often tempted to roll down my window and ask people what the heck they are trying to say cuz, let's face it, some of them are just too hard to figure out!

My verification word is "blesses". Your blog blesses me! How cool is that?

Jacqui said...

A lady in my ward who is a professional geneologist has "grvdigr" on her car.

The Morrells said...

I'm still a little Twilight obsessed I guess because I would love to put EDWDCLN or ECULLEN...or just plain CHERISH

D.B. said...

So the Nevada plate on the Cadi does make it tricky, I'm thinking they won at the casino and bought the car or significant other bought the car, so Thanks Las Vegas or Thanks love. I like XLR8
or BLU, or CWBYFN maybe. ND4SPD, depends on the car and the state you live in.