Right after I packed up my computer and about to head up north.
1. The one where I delude myself into thinking I will have a slight reprieve from stress. I finished in Denver the beginning of March. I thought there would be a feeling of release, like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Not so much. The pile of work waiting for me at my old office banished that feeling pretty quick. Why does this make me laugh? It's the rude awakening my 15-year old inside gets -- she's still holding onto the idea that 'adults have it easy'.

The group that went together: Jacqui, me, Heidi, Brit, and Terra.
2. The one where I say embarrassing things when I'm nervous. I went to the Denver Time Out For Women with some friends and my sister and was able to volunteer and participate in the program. I read an essay I wrote about a truth that gives me a sweet assurance. Before I read my essay, I told the 1700 ladies (and the few men) in the audience that I was nervous and that I was sweating. So not only do I sweat when I'm nervous, I like to announce the problem to a room full of people. And then cheer for the ladies who get to sit next to me. At least I got to meet Chieko Okazaki. Well, not quite.

Me on stage after the sweating confession.

Me and Sister Okazaki. Jacqui and I got to the line a little late.

Jacqui and I with cousin Karen
3. The one where I pack too much, eat too much, laugh too much, cheer too much, and still end up in a car. The Mountain West Conference games were exciting, for the most part, but I think the real reason I go to Vegas every year is to play with friends.

On the way down with Jason and Tonya.

The shoes I packed -- six pairs total, I think...

Watching basketball

Cheering -- Jason, Josh, Darren and Doug.

Enjoying being together --Tonya, Becca, me, and Erica ...and Darren

Going to the temple (who has the group picture?)

Getting a pedicure... and then getting mad at Darren for not ordering me anything from In and Out.

Playing at the arcade --Darren and Josh show their dancing skills. I told you he had rhythm.
4. The one where I realize it takes MANY pictures to make me look slightly photogenic. Just take a look at these photo rejects and you'll know why I make myself laugh. My new camera's flash is tricky. Very tricky.

An accident, but funny. What exactly am I doing?

Me talking while I snap the picture


The flash went off later than I anticipated, but totally cute of Heidi and Terra.

Me making the mistake of having the picture taken right by Darren

I'm sitting so you can REALLY see my rolls, but I also thought this one of Tonya modeling the wrist band she won was classic.

Darren's favorite picture pose. If you only knew how many of these I have...

Once again, I'm talking while having the picture taken, but look how cute Becca is. She is totally photogenic.
5. The one where I become obsessed with personalized license plates. I'm giggling just thinking of the gems I found in Vegas. I'll share those soon -- just wait...
Yay! for the weekend. I am planning on sleeping in and watching as much basketball as I can stomach. Have a good weekend. I hope your teams win...
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
*Self tickling is Becca's word for the funny thoughts in our heads that make us laugh, but that no one else would find funny.
12 comments:
I saw you at TOFW and thought you were great. Thanks for sharing, embarrassing moments and all ;)
Soooo Brenda... totally funny!! I remember Becca talking about self tickling. I loved this post!!! I am glad you guys had such a great time in Vegas... Tonya's wrist band pose is classic!!! Too many funny things came from that post. Darren's personality shined through too! And you sure are the girl who "packs many shoes" :)
--plenty coats
Six pairs of shoes how long were you down there 2 weeks? Just teasing! I would have cheered for you at TOFW and the Brenda sweat confession! So classic. I always think of you as an above average on the looks scale but I worry about your photogenic-ness! Teasing! Loved the update.
PS Your husband is strange. You can tell him I said that.
PS I would like to hear the essay. Make me a CD to listen to in the car! Please. Thanks.
PPS You did have some really nice pictures that captured your natural born good looks. Just in case I hurt your feelings with the photogenic-ness comment.
We loved all the pictures. Darren is to funny, Doug had to pipe up and say, "that is my hand!" nice...
I'm excited to see the personalized license plates.
Was Darren trying to lick you? I'm not quite clear...
Really? 6 pairs of shoes? I need you to come shoe shopping with me. I need some serious shoe help. and I like your pedi. Did you show the pedicurist your toe trick? I bet that would have counted for the tip.
Why is Karen so blurry? If I hadn't been there and in the photo, I would have thought you were trying to dupe us into thinking the back of Karen's head was Chieko. Sneaky.
I love personalized licence plates. There are sooo many down here and it's always fun to try to guess what some of them mean...especially by looking at the person behind the wheel:)
I am so jealous that I didn't get to go to TOFW with you!!! Next time!
And my favorite on this blog are the shoes!!!! You were so not gone for that long on that trip and you took 6 pairs of shoes!!!! That is sooo me!!! With the whole paying for your luggage thing now, I don't know what I'm gonna do about shoes!
And I read your blog on Darren, loved it by the way. I think I'll do the same for Dan when his birthday rolls around.
Brenda, I am so sad I missed TOFW and your essay. I'm sure you were great. And about the shoes....I don't even think I own 6 pairs of shoes! HA HA.
I laughed so hard when you announced the sweating problem!! You know that most of us in the audience knew your pain, we all sweat when we get nervous!! Anyone who says they don't are lying!! You crack me up. I LOVE reading your posts!!!
You rocked TOFW! I felt like a rock star just sitting next to you, and don't worry, I couldn't smell your nervous sweat at all!!!
I did not notice Darren in that picture untill I read...and Darren :) You are great, Looks like you all had a blast! I love that you "self tickle" so much, I love that you call it that. :)
Post a Comment