Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Weekend

Raise your hand if you loved conference this weekend!


Angela asked what I meant on my Friday Five about my nose getting loose and feeling all 'fra-gile.' I thought I'd better explain. In the book Elijah of Buxton, Elijah described the feeling right before he cried as his nose feeling loose. He didn't think boys were supposed to cry so he would always say he was a little 'fra-gile.' But we all know boys aren't fragile if they cry.

While reading this book I realized that MY nose feels loose when I start to cry. My eyes prickle, too, but I don't think Elijah mentioned this being a malady of his.

Anyway, my nose felt loose on and off all weekend. Conference was wonderful and exactly what I needed.

It was great to have my mom and sister and her two little ones visit, too. We chatted, laughed, watched a movie, and generally relaxed and enjoyed each other's company. As predicted we:

Ate waffles,

Slurped French Onion soup,

Made and devoured pumpkin cookies

And canned jalapeno jelly;

This was not on the list but also got eaten. I just couldn't resist!

I missed taking pictures of us lovely ladies. How this happened, I don't know. Apparently, as you can witness above, I was focusing on the food.

Thanks again for coming! For those of you who were wondering, Darren didn't get anything while hunting this weekend, but had a great time with his brothers and dad. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

8 comments:

Logan and Ashley said...

I missed all of conference because of little ones, but oh well I guess that is why they publish it in the Ensign. I love all the yummy food you ate, it made me hungry just looking at it!!

Figgins said...

This is Monica, One of Darren's Oakeson cousins. I liked your conference week-end. I did get to sit and watch all 4 sessions. I think that was a first for me. Ok your French onion soup looks awsome do you have a good recipe? I would love to have it. Thanks Monica
PS I love your blog. I check all the Casey blogs all the time.

Jacqui said...

Ooo! That soup does look delicious. Who made that fantastic liquid delight?

wyomingerica said...

I love the soup it looks resturant fancy, wait to go. To bad for Darren and hunting.

Anna Beal said...

Those cookies look FAB!!!!

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Thank you for 'splaining the fra-gile thing. I feel better now.

I would feel even better if I had some of that delicious looking french onion soup! That is one of my favorites!

Robin Fisher said...

ummm, french onion soup. I think that is what I need next.
Mike and I are waiting to watch conference together. Less than one month!!!

Baby's got blue eyes said...

Mom and sister time with canning, cookies and french onion soup.... I think that just exploded my jealous meter :) Love you!