Friday, October 3, 2008

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Three cheers for Friday. Hip hip, hooray! Hip, hip hooray! Hip, hip hooray! Here's the list:


  1. Long week. Long and stressful. Well, okay, I always have stress, but this week was the stomach twisting, ulcer causing kind. You know, the kind you get from worrying about stuff that you have no control over but feel like you should -- all work related in this instance. Apparently I need to work harder on letting things I can't change just roll off me. Not fun, but a little different from the norm. Don't worry, I'm really okay. These kinds of weeks come to everybody. Next week will be better. Or different. Whatever. I'll work on de-twistifying this weekend. Breathe. Look at the pretty pictures and breathe.

  2. General Conference is this Saturday and Sunday, just to mention one method of de-twistifying I plan to employ. I'm excited to get to listen to the prophet and the other leaders, and hear what I need to hear. A little reorientation and perspective are just what the doctor ordered, along with some of those traditional Sunday Morning Session waffles.

  3. I finished listening to Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis this week. Buxton was a community in Canada just across the U.S. border from Detroit, Michigan that took in run away and freed slaves from the U.S. in the 1800's. The place is real, but the story is fiction. Anyway, I laughed so hard at the stories, and also had my nose get loose so I felt all 'fra-gile,' if you know what I mean. Good, good story. Just had to share.

  4. For Young Women's this week we had a taco night. Originally the girls had planned to just 'eat tacos,' which meant Taco Bell. But you can't just go to Taco Bell for mutual. I mean, we have before, but I didn't want to do it this time. Perhaps I was feeling the weight of responsibility this week, or something, because I wanted them to learn something at mutual. So my advisor and I taught them about about meal planning. It wasn't as painful as it could have been. They responded well and participated, even if their menu was carb heavy and veggie light. And we still ate tacos. The girls just had to settle for whatever ingredients I had at my house. So all in all, the girls did something new, they got food, and I didn't spend money that night. Success.

  5. Darren will be gone hunting this weekend with his dad and brothers. While he's having a boys weekend, I'm having a girls weekend -- my mom and sister and her two little boys are coming up for conference weekend. Here's to soup, cookies, waffles, and making jam while we listen to the good word. Woo hoo!

Have a good weekend. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

have a great great great great weekend. great. you deserve it! Your last thought about soup, cookies, waffles, jam, good word....perfect planning!

oh, and speaking of planning...meal planning? I would have LOVED that when I was in YW. FABULOUS! We're having pork tacos tonight too, so I must be vibin' your vibe.

deep breaths and weekend, here we go!

Courtney said...

My husband will be hunting this weekend too....maybe I'll just tag along with Jacqui and your mom!

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Ok maybe I am dumb but....what does "had my nose get loose so I felt all 'fra-gile," mean? I know I am dork so you won't hurt my feelings if you have to point that out! :)

Here's to Conference, soup, cookies and making jam!

Jacqui said...

Yahoo! A definite upside of the men-folk hunting is the women-folk gathering together, especially when pumpking cookies are involved. Back up the truck!

Kelli said...

Have a great detangleing weekend listening to the good word and being with the great women! And here is to a different and better week!

Liz said...

I know what you mean about stressing!! I take work home with me all the time, but I try hard not too. My dad says, "It's all water off a duck's back." I am not like that. When I get so stressed, there's only one solution: SPA DAY. Go get a pedicure, manicure, facial, and a massage. You'll feel great. The only problem is the $$$.

Trish said...

I hope your weekend was as good as it sounded. It sounds like you needed a break!