I also went to a bridal shower this week and got to chat with some of my favorite people from my youth. I am so thankful for the girls I grew up with! I can't say that enough. I love you guys!
So, I know I'm a day early for the Friday Five, but we aren't going to be around on Friday this week, and I didn't want to shirk the list again. Plus, it is a holiday Friday Five, and that means I get to bore you with my memories of the holiday, which this year will basically consist of listing my favorite 4th of July firework memories. Here's the list:
- The field across from Fiddler's Green. My family did this for a couple of years when I was young because FG was close and it was free. We'd bring blankets and lay on our backs to watch the fireworks explode right above us. Beautiful.
- The 4th of July fireworks show at the original Mile High Stadium after a Rapids soccer game. They used to do it every year -- I'm not sure if they still do... Anyway, I went a couple of times. I have a vague memory of going with Darren, but I'm not sure if that is real or not. It may have been when we were dating and had season tickets to Eliches, but I just can't remember... Anyway, we always seemed to sit high enough in the stadium that we'd feel the residual ash from the fireworks. Very interesting. The memory is a bit sad, too, because Mile High stadium is no longer standing (and I can't call Invesco Field at Mile High, Mile High Stadium. It seems wrong to me somehow...).
- Watching fireworks at the Stadium of Fire with Jacqui after listening to Gladys Night and the Pips sing Midnight Train the Georgia. I have a couple of fond memories of summers in Provo and the 'fireworks'. *Wink wink* Actually, BYU always puts on a wonderful show during their Stadium of Fire, but hearing Gladys sing MTTG right before the show... Such a treat.
- Our first year in Northern Colorado and the 4th of July Greeley Stampede Fireworks. Okay, I'll admit it, Darren and I and our friends Rachel and Chad went to the Kelly Clarkson concert before the fireworks. Darren didn't know who she was -- he may not have agreed to come had he known the concert was going to be full of tweens. Anyway, the fireworks show was super impressive and we got to share it with some wonderful friends.
- Fireworks at the Rencher Homestead. I saved the best for last. There is nothing like a fireworks show while you are camping (supervised by my volunteer firemen cousins, of course) and hearing Kelli continually saying "ooh, those are my favorites. OoooH I love those, they are my favorite." Favorite. Memory. Ever. Or maybe I'm just excited because this year we'll get to see the Rencher Homestead firewords show again.
So yeah, we'll be camping this weekend. I won't say I'm sad to be missing out on doing a house project like we did over the holiday last year. I hope you all have a Happy 4th! Be safe.
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
7 comments:
I missed you! Thanks for giving us the Friday 5 early.
Brett and I went to the Kelly Clarkson concert too! He did know who she was but he also knew that I love her. He is good like that.
Have a great holiday!!
I like Kelly Clarkson. It was great to see you. Have fun this weekend!
Great fireworks memories! I also love to watch fireworks.
The homestead fireworks rocked! Too bad all we got this year were glo sticks. Oh well, the memory of Kelli will have to do.
yes, you did save the best for last. Ahhh, the Homestead.
Let me add my favorite: Watching the lighting storm in Laramie and ignoring the fireworks show. The best lighting storm ever. Summer of 01.
-B
I Do So Love Fireworks! The fireworks at the homestead was such a fun show! I forgot that I did that until Darren mentioned it up there this weekend! SO, so good to see you!
Post a Comment