
Too bad my favorite place is an 8 1/2 hour drive away. And in Idaho.


This year the dock was blooming and everything was a beautiful green. It was also humid, which made the mosquitos and gnats come out with a vengence, but no place can be absolutely perfect, right? We just loaded up on the bug spray. I will take the mosquitos and gnats any day over flies and cow pies.


I digress.
So many people came up for the family reunion. It was great to see people I hadn't seen in years and it was fun to catch up with people I visit frequently in the blog world, but don't actually 'see' on a regular basis. I'm related to some great people. The reunion was also a BYOG (bring your own gun) affair -- some of my cousins were really packing the heat! Darren and I didn't get that memo. Not that we would have brought a gun if we had known, and then, you know, worn it as an accessory or something, but whatever.
I also got to visit with Ornery Brenda for a bit, but she only stayed for the morning and left sometime while I was taking a nap. I wasn't sad to see her go. She is kind of a kill joy.
Some of the reunion activities included:


Having an airplane buzz the meadow.




And drop ping pong balls and money. The adults REALLY liked the idea of money falling from the sky. Well, at least I did.


We took the 4-wheelers on a drive to see the beaver on Blue Creek.

Darren and I went with Jacqui, Andy, and Josh. The beaver has started to build his dam over the road. maybe someone should let him know we need to get by.
A program that highlighted the uncles and a wonderful family video that a cousin put together. There was time to wander and talk to other families, which was fun, but there was also time to sit and visit with my own siblings, too.
And we ate. OH MY GOODNESS we ate so much. I couldn't seem to leave the peanut M&Ms alone. Maybe that is why my pants don't seem to fit that well this week...
Overall it was a great trip. I didn't get as much communing as I would like, but it still did my heart good.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
9 comments:
I love that picture of you! You can tell you love your homestead, you are just glowing!
I love your pictures! I didn't get any of the meadow! I feel like I didn't get to bond with people as much. Maybe it was the lack of a campfire at our camp! Oh man, I also didn't get to go see the beaver dam. I should have hung out with you more! I guess I will have to go up again!
Kelli, and I didn't get pictures of actual 'people' at our reunion. You did a much better job of that.
It does look so beautiful, but I'm all for someplace that doesn't have bugs, especially of the biting, stinging variety!! :o) I'm glad you were able to get away for a bit.
okay okay wait a minute....you were in IDAHO!? that makes me a LITTLE ticked off. :) besides the fact that it was a FAMILY reunion, as opposed to a family + us reunion....still, IDAHO? How close were you to me, exactly?
really, just kidding. what a beautiful, wonderful place for a family gathering. I'm glad you had books on tape too...we love clive cussler...just did "the golden buddha" (oh no, embarrassed that I don't know how to spell buddha) on our trip to reno...it really helped the long drive, yo!
glad you're back, love your posts!
I am glad you guys had so much fun and it was great to see you on your way through! You left your wyoming necklace in the bedroom. I found it this morning and gave it to Cathy. She said she would send it or somehting.
That was great! you got some wonderful photos. I wish Kelli would have done that expose on the strange relatives. But then again, they're probably writing blogs about those weird cousins who wanted to pray all the time and talk about our feelings, so we're probably equal. :)
It sounds like a fun family reunion. We're glad you had a good time. It sure looks like a beautiful place.
Great pictures! They are beautiful. It's nice to see something beautiful other than desert. :) I love the flowers! Glad that you had fun.
Post a Comment