
Here is our bed before.

Here is our bed after. Somehow our summer bedspread doesn't look as slick anymore...
On the right you can see my cedar chest my grandfather made me. Ultimately every bedroom decision came down to this one piece. It and the other cedar chest my brother-in-law Mike made us are among the few pieces of furniture I actually care about. In this case, it had to match reasonably well.
You can also see the Green Budda we got from Darren's Grandma after she passed. She was really into Buddas.

One of two dressers before.

Dresser after.
Man, that looks messy. In our defense the white sacks to the right of the dresser are clothes we're donating. Why did I take a picture of my messy hamper?
The dresser also came with a mirror. We couldn't buy it separate but we don't want to attach it either. We are brainstorming places to hang it. Right now it is in front of our closets blocking access to clothes and shoes. It also blocks me from putting shoes away...

Who am I kidding, our shoes are rarely in the closet.

This is what our living room looked like after we'd unpacked it all and moved the pieces upstairs.
Crazy, right? That is some serious cardboard. It wasn't too bad once we broke it down. I do think the recycle bin groaned a bit when we were done stuffing it.
Anyway, Darren and I are camping again this weekend, so no Friday Five. Sorry. I've been busy packing and making cookies.

Ruth and Steve, here's your ransom. You'd better hurry up the mountain before they're all gone!
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
9 comments:
That is BEAUTIFUL! I love it! Good choice!
HAve fun camping! I got your message, we got home about 20 minutes after you left it...
Nice bedroom set. We still have yet to get one. I think I'll wait till we upgrade to a KING bed.
Those cookies look yummy, maybe I'll crash your camping trip.
You new bedroom set is slick. It looks great and we are excited to see the cookies on the blog. We may consider sharing with others, but we shall see:)JK
Ruth
I like that the big bags are filled to the top. I love Brenda Cookies.
Steve
I like the new bedroom set. That is a very nice thing to spend your check on!!
Love the new bedroom set. Love the cookies. Love camping! Get us details!
I'm excited about your treats!! I also love the set! I Think that's a good idea to find a seperate spot for the mirror. Let us know what you decided.
Thank you for telling us that that green thing is a Buddha. (Noticed it right away and wondered... I was squinting, trying to decipher what it was). I love it! I want one.
Oh, and nice bedroom set. I too own must-have/match pieces that other new items will have to learn how to get along with before being allowed to join the rest of the furniture.
Hope you are having a good time you camping maniacs!
Love the furniture...we have big blocky, but in black. It's great! Have fun camping. :)
The set looks great. I'm excited for the time when we can start looking. :o) I'm looking forward to your camping post. It's sounds like you had a good time.
Post a Comment