- I just finished listening to Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter. This is the third book in her Gallagher Girl/School for Spies series and I personally thought this was her best yet. I like spy novels; unfortunately, it isn't a genre I've explored much. I don't know where to go from here, especially since this is a young adult novel. I just know there is more intrigue and spy-liciousness out there. Any suggestions?

- We watched Ghost of Girlfriends Past last night. Correction: Darren and I watched it and were glad our 16 year-old was talking on the phone. We liked it, but most of the jokes were a little mature. Here is what I came away with: a) Jennifer Garner rocks (which I pretty much knew from Alias), b) Breckin Meyer is an underused actor and I may be taller than him, and c) Matthew McConaughey is the same in all of his movies (I mean, it works for Jack Nickleson but you have to establish yourself first, right?).

- It has been gorgeous along the Front Range this week. Next week it is supposed to be cold and snowy. Guess which week I'm in the field.

- Our annual ornament exchange is coming up. After the 'squeeze my cheeks and I'll give you a kiss' debacle from last year, I need a REALLY good idea. You know, so my friends won't ask in February if they are ever going to get their other eight reindeer. I need to start searching for ideas now and preferably be finished by December 1st. Above is last year's sad entry. It can only go up from there, right?

- Has anyone else noticed the Sesame Street characters on Google this week? It was a happy thing to see Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Bert and Ernie again. Funny enough I made a 'Snuffleupagus' reference to Big Miss this week. She had no idea who he was. Somehow I don't think she believed my explanation of a huge mammoth character that only Big Bird ever saw and everyone else thought was imaginary. The irony of her unbelief was not lost on me. Nobody believed Big Bird.

Have a good weekend! I'll be looking at Christmas decorations everywhere I go for ideas to steal. How about you?
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
7 comments:
Too bad you weren't able to be outside this week. It's been great here too. I can only imagine how wonderful it's been in Colorado. Speaking of homemade Christmas ornaments, I did see a cute idea this week at http://familyfun.go.com/christmas/christmas-ornaments/wishing-spool-662835/
I need to get going on my holiday projects.
Great post as usual. I like to steal ideas from Martha for Christmas decor. Good luck!
I wandered around Kohl's ornaments a few days ago. There were some nice ones. And Hobby Lobby/Michael's are always a good place to start. I'm in the middle of having removed everything from my walls in an effort to rearrange my home/life a little (Kraig says I'm nesting), so I'm totally on the hunt for new decorating ideas. I'll keep a look out for your ornaments too.
Looks like a good book recommendation. Thanks! I never knew that about Snuffi! He's one of my favorite characters. We actually have a sesame street about being shy and all the characters see him in the story
(By the way, sorry about the big football loss today.)
I started up an ornament exchange here and I guess since I am not doing it with you guys it is ok to show you what I am doing. The first link is what I am doing and the other two were the second and third choices. Unfortunately I will be moving (yes, MOVING, AGAIN!) before the exchange so I will have to leave mine behind and have the ornaments mailed to me.
http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=25d981591d2b4110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default
SECOND:
http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=b6102f85562b4110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default
THIRD:
http://familycrafts.about.com/od/makingangels/a/CRPineConeAngel.htm
I liked your ornaments, I do think it was awfully ambitious. :) I think I already commented on this post below, but here is another one. :)
ooohhh...two answers for you:
1 - not a book, but a very cool spy series is Burn Notice on USA. it's on break now, but will pick up in January and you can always catch up on seasons one and two on dvd (i swear they're not paying me, i just love the show).
2 - I just had to get ornament ideas for a YW activity. Better Homes and Gardens had some super cute ideas...just went to their website, then to Christmas, ornaments...many easy and cheap options! Have fun :)
Post a Comment