Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Open for Voting

So how is this for a little bit of randomness.


Darren was gone again last week and I ended up spending the night at my mom's house on Thursday. She was kind enough to provide food for my lunch the next day. As we were assembling the food, she noticed the sad condition of my much loved lunch bag. It has served me well for 5-6 years, but the lining is tearing out and it looks horrible.

True to the very giving woman that she is, my mom said she had a lunch bag I could have to replace my old ratty one. She searched in the laundry room closet and found three.

Three lunch bags.

And somehow I ended up with all three.

I can't decide which one to use, so I thought I'd put it to a vote. I will show you a picture and describe the features, and you tell me which bag I should start using.


Exhibit 1: Silver Leica Geosystems lunch bag (pictured left). This one has the most pockets by far, and the silver color makes it seem high tech. I won't lie, choosing this bag would be a status thing for me -- the guys at my office really like my Leica calendar. I can only imagine how apoplectic they'd get over my Leica lunch bag.

Exhibit 2: Blue The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center lunch bag (pictured right). This one is actually more of a sack, than a bag. There is no strap, but it does have a handle. It reminds me of a brown lunch sack, only covered in fabric and lined with the shiny lunch bag material to keep things 'cool'. The coolest feature of this lunch sack is the compass on the back of the bag. The compass says, 'I may be a simple sack, but I can be rugged.' Rugged is good.

Exhibit 3: Plaid lunch bag. This bag is the smallest, and isn't square. It is more of a 3-D trapezoid, if you can imagine that. I don't usually pack that much for lunch, so size isn't much of a factor. It does have a strap and one zipper pocket on top which contained the following note:

So it has the whole mystery thing going for it. I'm tempted to ask Jacqui who this note is from, but knowing who '?' is might take away from the bag's appeal.

I know, tough decision, right? Which would you choose?

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

15 comments:

Krith said...

Since I am a HUGE Mary Higgins Clark fan, I vote for bag #3--the mystery plaid bag! :)

Adam Jensen said...

I like the high tech one :) but I would keep the sack lunch one and rotate :)

Kelli said...

I would say the techie one but I also really like the compass in case your lunch gets lost!

Becca said...

I am going to have to go with the silver one as well. My question for you is...can the compass come off the blue bag and be placed on the silver bag? That would make it the coolest of the cool!

Christi said...

I vote silver. Nice color, 'cool' factor...well, for geologists, good all-purpose shape.

I know you are not a shoppy-spender, but have you seen how cute the lunch bags are these days? Whenever I walk past them I want so badly to have a reason to pack my lunch everyday... But, that said, our cupboard has pretty nice supply of various logoed bags, not to mention dinos, transformers, etc. so even if I did have to pack, I probably wouldn't have a pretty bag. It's still fun to dream.

Yeah, we dropped the ball on the weekend thing...but, just last night I was thinking I really could use a girls getaway. What about August? There are some decent airfares MSP-DEN, I think. Oh, but Laurie is due in Aug. Well, maybe somewhere else? But where? Or, what about early fall? I don't know. I guess we are still in the brainstormng stages. Perhaps we should just start planning an annual Spring trip. Okay, we'll email, b/c I'm taking up way too much of your blog space. Okay let's start brainstorming.

BTW, my dad did like Carousel. I don't know why, and knowing my dad, he got it mixed up with something else that is the one he really likes. In any case he made us all sit down and watch it with him...one of my favorite Wilson memories, the "Slut yourself" line. Good times.

Heidi said...

You crack me up. I would've chosen the plain blue one, but now that I know the silver one holds value in the office, I would definitely choose that one. Make 'em drool!

D.B. said...

Leica it is, it looks the best and sounds the most practical. Inverness is my second choice because my friend use to work there, but he doesn't now, so Leica it is.

Laura Ann Terry said...

I'm going to have to go old school and pick bag number 3! Plus the note makes it a fun lunch conversation starter!

Becky said...

Since plaid is my favorite color, I'd go with the third one. Though, depending on one's eating habbits, if given the choice, I would pick the one that would discourage constant craving and the wandering of eyes over to that good ol' lunch box. The least appetizing one was that gray one. So, it just depends on your issues with food. The plaid would make me want to eat more. Yes, a perfect container for cookies.

Robin Fisher said...

Leica all the way baby. Then you can think, "I 'leica' to eat lunch" every time you look at it.....he,he,he.

Helen said...

Robin's comment cracked me up!!! Every time I answer "Leica Geosystems" on my cell phone and it is Cliff on the other end, he laughs and says "I leica you, too." I vote for the Leica bag because I know you will think of Robin's comment every time you use it and you will smile.

Ruth said...

You are too cunny Brenda!!!
I vote #3...

Natalie said...

You had me at status symbol. A lunch bag that evokes envy - that's hard to beat!

Jacqui said...

Ok, I LAUGED SO HARD! How did I miss this post? I'm so sorry to have not cast my vote yet, but all those comments were priceless.

I totally remember using that lunch sack in middle school, I think. I probably acted too cool to use it in high school BUT, it looks like Laura's or Lindsey's handwriting, so go figure. Sorry to ruin the mystery. I laughed SO hard.

Definitely the Leica bag if your rock lickin' coworkers will drool over how cool it is.

Actually, it's a toss up. They're all cool.

The plaid one is very 1990's don't you think? Love it.

LindsC said...

I just realized I accidently copied your exhibit thing...oops!

P.S. I like the sound of the silver one. :)