- This morning when I started this post, I realized it is my 300th post. Cool. I might have gotten to this point sooner if I'd been better about writing these last few months, but it is what it is. Also, if I'd been paying more attention I could have put together a give-a-way or something. I'll look into it next week.
- The fence is done and the old panels moved. Now I have to mow the backyard lawn that's gone to seed during the 'reconstruction'. At least the lawn is green from all the rain. Of course, there was mold on the grass that was under the panels... I didn't know that was possible in Colorado. Apparently it's been a wet year. Pictures and a write up of 'what we learned while rebuilding the fence' to come!
- While I was getting ready this morning, VH-1 was playing all Michael Jackson videos (with good reason, obviously). After basking in the coolness that is 'Thriller', I started noticing something disturbing: I was reminded more of the Wierd Al parody than of the song itself. "I'm Fat" inparticular kept playing through my mind, as did "Eat it". Will I only be able to think of "Like a Surgeon" when Madonna passes?
- "Will You Be There" made me want to see Free Willy again. What ever happened to that kid? I know I should be thinking more about Mr. Jackson and his life, but he already seemed like he had checked out, so for me, nothing has really changed.
- Darren pointed out that Michael J. completes the 'death comes in threes' theory: Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett, Michael Jackson. Wow. SO didn't think Darren would notice something like that. Let alone bring it up. He never ceases to amaze me. Maybe there is hope for his pop culture knowledge...
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
7 comments:
Ashlyn actually watched Free Willy yesterday before I found out that he had died. And I totally believe in the 'death comes in threes' theory. I told Kelly the same thing.:) Have a GREAT day!
We were watching VH1 this morning too and I kept commenting on how much Michael looks like his sisters Janet and Latoya. Way too similar...
P.S. I just read Alas, Babylon and it is an excellent post-apocolyptic novel for your list!
can't wait to see pics of the fence!
300 posts... I don't even know what # I am at? I will have to check it out! :)... and props to Darren!!!!!
I am impatient and would like to see the fence now. please. Congrats on the 300 posts but yes you should have posted more and arrived hear sooner! :) and as a final note that is the first smiley face emoticon thing I have EVER done. You shall now feel lucky.
PS it is not that late but I have only had 6 hrs of sleep in the past 3 days. I am officially dangerously delirious. Good Night
I am excited for you to have the reconstruction done--bring on the pictures. I have to agree that I have never heard of mold growing on grass in CO or WY. You'll be disappointed to know that my pop culture knowledge is lame enough that I didn't even know Ed died.
Post a Comment