Friday, June 19, 2009

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I can't believe it is already the middle of June! Summer is almost here. I know summer has already started for most of you, but here in Northern Colorado we are still in the 'cold afternoon and evening downpours with frequent hail and threat of a tornado' season. Crazy, to say the least, but the water is definitely welcome. We need the moisture so we don't mind that summer is being kept away for a time. Today's list are a few things the rain has not hindered at the Casey home. Here's the list:

  1. Darren's soft ball games. Instead of canceling and calling it a tie or something, the league simply reschedules a rained out (lightning close enough to scare you spitless) game for another night. We've had almost as many rescheduled games as regular games. Apparently, a game will be played no matter what.

  2. The fence building project. Granted, we have been doing this for quite a few weeks now and are only halfway done, but it isn't due to the weather so much as our time being eaten by other things. Such as rescheduled softball games.

  3. The dogs in our yard during the fence building project. No, the rain did not stop Ms. Molly Bassett Hound from spending her days on our deck while the back fence between her yard and our yard was open. Even putting the rails up, while offending her and her lack of height to jump them, did not stop her from finding a way in. She went under instead of over...

  4. Grilling. Our grill is parked where it is mostly covered and we definitely take advantage of that swath of dryness to grill like crazy. Standing out in the chilly humid weather is another thing entirely, but we are still grilling baby!

  5. Work, work, work. This is a totally boring way to end, but the rain certainly doesn't stop us from doing our jobs everyday, even when I've been scheduled for field work. In a way, it is a blessing that we only get rain in the afternoons -- it leaves the morning sunny.

I'm excited for summer. I'm sure midway through July I'll want the cool afternoon showers back to squelch the heat, but for now I will huddle in my long sleeve hoodie and plow through the puddles.

Have a good weekend! Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

Oh, and Happy Father's Day.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow - you guys are sure industrious! I'm inpressed you keep on keeping on through all the rain, mud, and puddles...our fence has been torn apart for weeks:)

Jacqui said...

I loved that "time being eaten by other things" line. You're so creative. You should write a book.

The fence is looking good.

LindsC said...

The rain has kept us in too! But we did get the Jensen boys to come and mow the lawn. :)

Brenny said...

What a nice thing to say Jacqui. I'm excited for this weekend.

Liz said...

Jeff just got a new grill for Father's Day and we totally love it! Grilling Rocks!

Trish said...

We've been having similar weather. It's been hard to get any outdoor projects done between rain storms. Oh well. It will be hot soon enough. :o)

Kelli said...

I love the rain. It has been a great excuse for me to not work in the yard. I love to sit inside and listen to it pour!