Monday, May 18, 2009

A Parade of Homes

This is where we were this weekend.


Ruth actually took this picture and I pinched it from her post.


Friday we drove to Greybull, Wyoming to participate in the blessing of our new niece, Paige Brooklyn. We got there about midnight and to our surprise everyone was still up. Well, the little kids weren't, but the big kids were. Paige woke up to be fed and we were introduced to her then -- such a cutie! Since this was our first time being at Brent and Lindsey's new house, we got the grand tour. They've done quite a bit of painting and projects and the place really looks great. Lindsey, I loved your window valances, by the way. Seriously, I keep thinking about them -- where did you get them?

Saturday we were taken on another tour of another 'house'... The Big House. Brent took us to the detention center where he works, showed us the control room, and answered our questions about what he does all day. Darren and I giggled a bit when they called him 'Deputy Casey' but we are both very proud of Brent. It was laundry day for the inmates, so we discussed their wardrobe a bit and then happened to look at Darren and realize he had dressed for the occasion: Bright Orange.


Evidence of my husband's inmate attire. (Another picture of Ruth's. I didn't snap very many this weekend)


Some of the boys, and Ruth and her dad went golfing, while Lindsey, Cathy and I took the girls for a walk by the river on a path to the park. It was such a gorgeous day!

After our walk (and the fun romp at one of the coolest parks I've seen), we headed to Trevor and Trish's New House. They have only been in there a week, but already they have made it a home. It is lovely and I know they will have a lot of fun there. The backyard alone should guarantee that! While at Trevor and Trish's we ate pizza, laughed, and watched Darren get taken down by all the kids. WWF has nothing over the Casey girls and Jordan.

After lunch we drove back to Brent and Lindsey's and started getting things ready for the barbecue. Doug and Erica and their family came over as did Ruth's parents. With such good family and friends, you know we had a great time. The food was wonderful, and Brent and Lindsey have a great deck for entertaining -- it was shady and cool at just the right time. If I lived there, we'd eat outside every night during the summer. After supper we went to Doug and Erica's for a little 'Rock Band' practice.

Sunday was Paige's blessing. Brent did a great job -- it was very sweet. I'm so glad we were able to be there for it, and I'm doubly glad we have such a sweet new little girl in the Casey clan. Thanks for everything this weekend!

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

7 comments:

Jacqui said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I didn't know that Trevor and Brent's homes were so close together. Fun for them and their families.

Was it weird to go to the jail?

We missed you at the race. I was going to call and tell you our results, but decided I'd talk to you today.

Kelli said...

What a great weekend it sound like you had! Such fun to be with family! I would love to tour a jail.

Christi said...

Sounds nice-busy, yet relaxing.

Trish said...

Wow...you're a speedy reader! :o) Yes, the intervention at the end was a little strange. Also, I felt the book was a sequel to the movie, not the other two books--there were a couple little details(names of grandparents, etc.) that matched the movie, not the books. I didn't like that so much. I thought it was an o.k. book, but not as good as any of his other books.
It was great seeing you guys this weekend. Thanks again for the gift card!

Ruth said...

Brenda... you guys are the best! We had sooo much fun. It had been a while for us. We have just been so crazy busy this year it feels like we haven't seen anyone. Great weekend!! Totally fun!

--plenty coats

Jacqui said...

What are you doing reading JAck Weyland? I picked that up off a roommates bookshelf in college and, having never really read that lds genre before, was totally disgusted with how horribly written it was and how stupid the plot was. The years in the kid's life didn't match up with his younger half brother nor how old he was when his mom died. Maybe his dad had an affair. That would have spiced up the book a bit. and I can't be certain, but I think there was an intervention at the end.

I remember a bit too much about the book. Scary.

LindsC said...

Thanks so much for coming to the blessing, we really enjoyed your visit. It was a lot of fun!

I got my Valences in the kitchen at Ross and the curtains in the other rooms ar Wal-Mart.

We love you guys thanks for everything!