I can't believe it is Friday already. I have seriously been trying to catch up all week. *Sigh* Here's the list:

- So, I've basically spent the last two weeks concentrating on the freezer meal group I participate in (I go through Hot By 6 -- very cool website. Definitely check it out). I was hosting, so that meant I organized the meal choices, bought the food, labeled the bags or 9x13 pans, did food prep to make things go smoother, set everything up for meal assembly, became the go-to girl when anyone needed something during assembly, and cooked a meal for everyone after we were done. Phew! So much work and I didn't take pictures of any of it... I do owe a HUGE thanks to Cami for her help with the food prep. I could not have done it without her. Her help with the 10 cups of crumbled bacon alone was huge.
- One more thing about freezer meal group. I didn't get a lot of sleep the few nights leading up to it and I've been paying for it all week. I'm still not caught up, but that's another story. Because of my lack of sleep, the day of assembly I ended up turning to my favorite choice of stimulant: Diet Dr. Pepper. I try not to make it a habit (I have a friend whose veins pump Diet Coke instead of blood), but I broke down and indulged this week. You know those commercials about DDP being like candy? I totally agree.
- Helen won The Biggest Loser. Crazy. And I think she looked kind of scary. Anyone agree?
- I'm currently listening to The Bookman's Promise by John Dunning. It is the 3rd in a mystery series. I'm not necessarily recommending the book or anything, but it is set in Denver and has some really great local references. On Wednesday I happened to be driving to pick up some drilling supplies in Denver when the tape mentioned an area very close to my exact location. Spooky, but also a bit thrilling.
- I got a cell phone. Some of you might be thinking, so what? But let me assure you, this is huge. I avoided buying a cell phone until almost 5 years ago when Darren's travel schedule necessitated it, and even then, the cell phone was really Darren's. I'm actually fairly opinionated about cell phones. So why did I finally break down? I can call a lot of people for free, like family, because we are on the same network. And they were calling me anyway so why not let it benefit everyone? Don't get too excited -- I don't have texting. One step at a time people.
Have a great weekend. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
14 comments:
I thought the at-home winner Jerry looked the scariest. That wasn't healthy skinny, that was skeleton skinny on an old man who NEEDs extra meat on his bones. He's our parents' ages and he looks like grandma's age.
I don't text either. My friends always say, "Send me a text with the information." Sorry. That requires an additional $5+ per month or $.10/text ($.20 to receive). I'm too stingy. Get a pen and paper and write down what I have to tell you.
I can't believe you're still reading those books by Dunning. Why did you give the second on a chance when the first one took 15 years to get through. Wait, maybe that was me, not you.
I never would have guessed that ddp was an indulgence for you. hmmm..what would mine be? Taco Bell? tacky, I know. I never, ever get it because it's warmed up lard, but when I do--ooo! I still go for the bean burrito with no onions. But I suppose the onions don't matter now since the person I kiss will kiss me with bad onion breath.
I wish you would have taken photos of your meals. I would have loved to see it in action. I wonder if I could find anyone to do that with me. you say that you think you save money doing it that way?
Yea! Brenda has a cell phone! I hope I will be one of those privileged enough to have your number! Oh, and don't worry, you will come around to texting soon enough.
You'll have to give me your number so when I have the random thought to call you in the middle of the day to tell you about a song on the radio I don't catch you at work...awkward. Much better to send me straight to voice mail.
I am so curious about this freezer meal group. I tried something similar years ago-and never again, because we all felt it was more work to do a bunch for everybody, rather than a few for ourselves. Maybe we just had a bad set up. I need more info on how you do it, how many people participate, etc. I just gave a freezer dinner baby shower for two friends-it was a huge success. Mmmm, homemade dinner straight from the freezer.
I have totally been thinking about the freezer meal route. I will check out the site asap! I LOVE DDP! Although I refrain because I keep trying to convince my kids of the evil of sugary and caffieney drinks and actions speak louder than words. My 8 year old burst into tears when I bought a DDP to help keep me awake while driving to CA! Hilarious and very guilt inducing! Welcome to cell phone land. I love/hate it. I am very picky about giving my number out. I still haven't given it to my boss!
Movies: I watched Taking 5, too. I love it when we watch the same silly teeny bopper movies. It was almost good, but not quite. I wanted her to hook up with the band dude.
And, I just finished North and South last night...yep, I watched the kiss scene about five times. Oh, how romantical. I think I want to add it to my dvd library. I love Masterpeice Theater.
A freezer meal shower -- what a great idea! I've been in other freezer meal groups, too, and I really like how this one is set up. You don't have to choose every meal and the website does a grocery list, step by step instructions, and meal labels for you. It is really cool.
I just broke down and got a cell phone two months ago too. I think you and I are one of a VERY small number of people who did not have a phone. Once I was in a store returning something and needed to call and get Dan's cc# and the store clerk offered me his cell phone to make the call since the store didn't have any other land lines. Awkward!
I am also one of those behind-the-times girl without texting, but who needs a way to make life more complicated. I will have to check out the freezer meal site because with the baby coming sooner than later, that might really come in handy.
Brenda, you're so popular. I want to be like you.
I am with you on the texting. We just became a 2-cell-phone family this fall, but I am still holding out on the texting. It drives my siblings crazy, but I'm afraid if they can just text me they won't ever actually call.
Stay strong!
cell phones...I like them but I hate them. I really miss having that option of "I'm sorry, I must not have been home when you called." Now we have to make the excuse of my phone was dead, or it was turned off, in order to avoid unwanted callers.
I'm listening to Sabriel by Garth Nix in the car right now and would totally recommend it for you. Have I asked you if you listened to the Artemis Fowl series yet? Loved them!!!
The biggest loser people should also be on a plastic surgery schedule after losing all that weight. Loose skin everywhere!
Totally agree about Helen...SCARY!! And the orangy skin glow?!?! Kind of crazy cool that the old people cleand up though! So pretty soon you're gonna be one of those cell phone Sallys on their phone all the time and texting in the car. Just give it some time...It's part of the evolution LOL!
Jacqui, my husband orders the bean burrito without the onions too! They act like he's crazy so I'll have to tell him he's not alone.
Yes, Helen was scary looking! Now that I think about she was acting kind of scary too. What did you think of Kristin's hair?
I am still not used to owning a cell phone. Good luck.
I don't really text either! People still text me though. :)
The Frezzer group sounds like a great idea, your turn though sounded like a lot of work. we are so glad you came up for the baby blessing, we had a great time, and was glad that Darren got to help bless Paige.
Post a Comment