Friday, my best friend from high school, Christi, came into town. We got all dolled up to see Pride and Prejudice at the Denver Center for Performing Arts. Thanks again for flying out to see P&P with me, Christi! The adaptation was really good, the costumes beautiful, and the set fun. Yes, I had hoped to get a picture with Mr. Darcy. I'm silly, I know. Anyway, Christi and I had a great time catching up while driving to the play and during dessert afterwards. Christi made a CD of songs we listened to in High School. It was SO great and definitely took me down stake dance/high school memory lane. I'll share the hits at a later date...

Saturday we did brunch at Panera with as many of 'the girls' still around town that we could get. Um, Panera was so good. This is just an aside, but I went to get a sandwich and soup at Panera with a friend last week and it was FABULOUS. So yummy. Anyway, we had a great time together at brunch. I know I have mentioned it before, but I love these girls (and those that couldn't make it, too!). We just pick up as if we see each other every day. A big difference this time was all the kid and house talk, you know, instead of boys and school. :)Aren't they so cute!

After Brunch I picked Darren up in Greeley and we drove to Utah for Grandpa O's funeral. The road was scary, especially from Rawlins to Rock Springs, but we made it safely.
Sunday, after the viewing, a couple of cousins and most of the Casey's went to Temple Square to see the lights. There were some manger scenes from different countries I hadn't seen before. Very cool, and fun to hang out with the family


The funeral was on Monday. It was a really nice memorial service -- the talks were great and the stories so fun. After the service we had a family lunch. It was fun to visit with cousins and some relatives I hadn't met -- some Darren hadn't seen since he was little. Great family, and I'm glad I get to be part of their heritage.
8 comments:
I need to try panera. I've heard good things too.
Thanks for a fun weekend!!! I loved hanging out with you, thanks for making it happen. Mr. Darcy rocks. :)I am so grateful for such wonderful friends-I never would've survived without that bunch. I'm glad your travels were safe. That's a super cute picture of you at Temple Square.
What a great picture of you at Temple Square. You need to frame that one!
That is a cute photo of you.
What a beautiful friend I have! So glad that you had a good time. Sad about the funeral, but I'm so jealous of the Pride and Prejudice thing. :)
Sounds like a good time at the play and everything! :o) I thought it was cool to see all Trevor's cousins too since I hadn't met a lot of them before.
Thanks for thinking it was a good picture! I like it, too. Maybe I will have it framed for Darren...
You do look good! Sounds like you are just having a ball! I'm glad you made the drive to Utah safe. I'm Sad I missed it.
Post a Comment