- Decorating our house for Christmas. We got our tree up last night, which was what I needed to start feeling that it was actually the Christmas season. I teasingly asked a guy from work to pick me up a tree while he and his family were cutting theirs down this week. I really was just kidding, but he totally made my day by bringing me back a nice 11 foot tree -- perfect for our house! After paying the Forest Service $10 for my prize, Darren and I spent the night decorating. Now we just need to do the rest of the house...
- The ornament exchange. Tomorrow morning I'm participating in a homemade ornament exchange. Last year was so fun (as I was reminded again while getting the ornaments out last night) and I'm excited to see what fun things people came up with this year. I'm not sure my ornament went over well last year, but they invited me again this year, so that is encouraging, right? I'd show you a picture of what I am making, but I want to keep it a surprise.
- A Wyoming Basketball Game. Saturday afternoon we are traveling to Wyoming to watch the Pokes play CU (the University of Colorado). I know, more driving, but it is three hours I can handle because there is basketball in between.

- Scraping the ceiling. This is the latest house project -- scraping the popcorn off the kitchen ceiling. Darren wants to scrap, re-texture, and install new lights by New Years. Hey, if he is willing to do the work... Yes, I'll help.
- Sleep in and attend the Ward Christmas Party -- they are a tie for number 5. I know, it doesn't sound like I will have much of a chance to sleep, but I'll take any extra time I can get. And I've always liked ward Christmas parties (definitely more than work Christmas parties because nobody drinks). I'm still waiting to see my neices perform the dance they did for their Christmas party -- I heard it was a hit!




So, it is snowing in Colorado today. I missed the last snow (we were in California) so I am belatedly feeling the coziness of winter. The winter feeling is slightly magnified today by my desire TO GO SKIING! That didn't make the Friday Five list since it won't happen, but if I were going, I want to know if someone else is willing to shrug all responsibility to join me. Any takers? Have a good weekend. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
6 comments:
that ceiling looks really HIGH!
And by the way, I think scraping a popcorn ceiling is on brandon's list of "I will never" chores, so way to have a husband with a different opinion! he's probably glad that you would help.
sigh, wyoming basketball games on a saturday afternoon..this, folks, is why all roads in life might just lead to colorado/denver area. this sounds like a dream come true for the ross family. can we join you someday, even if it's not until we can all sit in the senior citizen section?
your blog makes me happy, even without the reminder at the end...but I like that too!
happy weekending!
THat tree's fantastic! I can't believe someone brought that back for you. Did you specify height when you were joking about it?
Be sure to post your ornament so I can see it. I need ideas!
Michelle, we would love to go to a Saturday Wyoming Cowboys Basketball game with you and Brandon. How does January 2042 sound (we will be seniors and possibly have kids out of the house)? If you can make it sooner, just let us know.
Okay, I just did the calculation for when I could technically get the senior discount. Kind of a shock how small that number was...
I will post the ornament picture next week. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.
have a good lazy weekend
I can't wait to see your ornament! I am paticipating via mail. Of course I have not mailed them yet. I have had some technical difficulities. I will finish them this weekend though! Have fun tomorrow and have a great weekend!
Post a Comment