Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekend Treats

We had a busy, but a good weekend. Among the many things we did, Darren and I put together our new patio table. We've been searching for just the right tile table since last summer and we finally found it at American Furniture Warehouse -- and on sale to boot! We think the slate tiles we ended up getting were even better than those they had displayed in the store. The chairs are just some we had, but they will work until we find some iron ones we like. But anyway, aren't the tiles pretty? You know me and rocks. Such a treat!
And speaking of treats, I've decided popcorn is my favorite Sunday night treat. It provides me with the perfect snack when I crave something salty (not every Sunday, but often enough that I make sure I have stuff on hand). Air popped or stove popped is my favorite, but if I don't have corn, than a microwave packet will do. Tonight I made the popcorn with a carmel kettlecorn mix. Mmmmm....
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE your new table. Very nice. If you ever don't want it, you can give it to me :). Your popcorn looks yummy. I think I need some.

wyomingerica said...

I love the slate. We are think of doing slate in our kitchen and dinning room. Tell me how you like it. We had popcorn last night also. Great minds. Doug talked about the Vegas this morning. We (he) is getting excited.

Brenny said...

Slate is always a good idea and is beautiful. We looked at it too, but I always wonder how it wears in high traffic areas because of how it breaks in sheets. I know, me and my silly rocks! I'm sure it is fine and I've never asked a floor specialist or anything.

And, um, we are SO excited about vegas. Isn't is still like six months away? Everything I think about new clothes or shoes I think, 'I could probably wear this in Vegas...'

Trish said...

Your table looks great. I like it a lot. Good choice. :o)

Michelle said...

(this is michelle..usually it's me unless brandon announces himself) how happy we are to have found you guys and your blog! We always say to each other "if only we had cool people like brenda and darren around!" :)

and a girl who will take pictures of food for the blog? that's a girl after my own heart. :)

it will be a happy thing to keep in touch again. :)