It has been a while since I did one of these Friday things, but I've been thinking about this one for a while. Little Miss just makes me laugh. She has such a little personality. I probably should be more patient more often, because i am always rewarded with some gem of her six-year-old perspective. I need to record some of them for posterity. Today's Friday Five are a few of my favorite Little Miss Missives. Here's the list:
- "'Get your body moving!' That is what Aunt Ruth's exercise video says. I am such a good exerciser and I am so strong. I can totally lift the bars that say 6 because I'm 6 and Aunt Ruth can only lift the 5." Not that it is a competition Ruth, I promise.
- "Mom, I know what I want to be when I grow up. I am going to be a tooth fairy. I'll have wings and wear tights and I'll leave lollipops for the kids. The really big ones that are all different colors and are circles and have all different flavors. Kids really like those." My comment about job security went over her head.
- Darren and I were talking about finger prints and I was explaining that even identical twins had different fingerprints. Darren was dubious, and apparently Little Miss picked up on it because from the back seat she said, "How do you know, GEOLOGIST?" That one still makes me giggle.
- "Man, it feels like I am going to be tardy. I'm going to be tardy, aren't I mom. Maybe I should drive. Man, it feels like we are so late." We were actually 10 minutes early to school -- Little Miss is only learning about O'clock and half past the hour in school so me telling her the time meant nothing. And she has only been late once, so no "I feel empathy for you Little Miss" from Aunt Jacqui, got it.
- "Mom, you need to start teaching me how to do my own laundry. When I am a missionary, I will have to do my own laundry, so I need to start learning now." That one came out of no where on a Tuesday, but all I could do was agree, so I have her help me by separating her clothes.
I sure love this girl. Even on tough days, you know, those days when I just want to go to bed so I start again tomorrow, I do love Little Miss. She brightens my days. Have a good weekend.
Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
9 comments:
What? I didn't even think that. But so funny that she is already asking to drive...
What a darling girl! I miss her dearly!
And tell her if she wants, I can teach her all sorts of funny Geologist jokes :)
what a great post
OK> So pretty just plan on next time I see you everything you say to me is going to be followed by me saying "How do you know, Geologist?" That is classic.
Granted I only see you every few years but still, plan on it.
TOO FUNNY!!! This post seriously made my day!! LOVE her and ALL her comments too! I will have to work on getting to 6 lb weights...lol!!
I can't stop giggling! I love your girls. And those 6 year olds really keep you on your toes. Amanda was telling a story a few days ago and threw in "ANY WHO...." at the appropriate pause and continued with the rest of the story. Kids!
Great blog, Brenny. Kids say and do the funniest things. Love the pictures--so Autumn!
so cute :) love the geologist comment! haha
what a great girl! :) love it! And I know what you mean about having to think about all the good things about your kids because there are definatly those days when it's hard to think of some!
Post a Comment