Friday, May 14, 2010

It's Friday, I'm in Love

Hello Friday. It's been, what, a week since I saw you last? You look great. Here's the list:


  1. So, reading every one's Mother's Day posts made me realize something -- I totally get a 'FAIL' for the day. Why? Because as the junior nursery leader I should have organized a cute craft for my kiddos to give their moms. Instead they got to give their mom's the same colored picture they do every week. I totally blame the fact that I've never had kids that age so wouldn't know it's what other nursery ladies do. At least the parents were kind enough not to say anything.

  2. Big Miss had her last concert last night. Remember when I told you that she dances and bobs while she sings? During Ease on Down the Road she was moving so much I was afraid she might fall off the bleachers. After the concert she told us she had to restrain herself from gesturing with her arms. Classic. And I think I'm going to call 'the feeling one must dance and throw one's arms around while singing' the Glee Effect.

  3. I feel the Glee Effect in the grocery store sometimes.

  4. I'm rereading Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. After I finished it the first time I kept feeling like I missed something. Not the plot or anything, but little things, you know? This second go round with the book has been enlightening. Marchetta's writing is wonderful -- there are two stories in one (the second story skips around a bunch and was confusing the first time I read it) but so many little things connect the two together to make me love the characters even more than I did at first, especially Jude and Narnie.

  5. While shopping last Saturday we stopped at Hallmark to check out their sale section. Big Miss found these glasses. I laughed, because really, sometimes I think this is how my 16-year-old sees me. I know I'm not the first parent to make such a statement, but the glasses captured the feeling and sentiment perfectly. Little Miss wanted to join in the fun. I think the oozing ice cream mouth makes the picture...
I hope you have a great weekend. Try the Glee Effect, it's fun.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

10 comments:

The Mrs. said...

First it is the daddy's responsibility to do cute little things for mom on Mother's Day. I was not expecting anything from Lauren's class, it was a fun bonus to the day but not necessary.

And I love that Big let you take a picture of her with those glasses! Fantastic!!

Christi said...

I started Jellicoe Road yesterday...totally don't get it, but I'll hang in there.

Cute pics-love the glasses. :) Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Liz said...

For Mother's Day, my boys each bought me a Glee soundtrack. Did you know my husband watches Glee without me when I go to bed?? I've caught him twice...he's a Gleek!!

Robin Fisher said...

Loved the pictures. Don't stress about Mother's day and nursery, but next year I can tell you how to make colored pasta necklaces :)

Jacqui said...

So did you let them buy the glasses, Miss Moneybags?

I wonder if people around us look and think we're weird as we're dancing through the store to the music. Funny thing is, I would probably look at someone who was doing that and laugh with/at them. The second funny thing is that I've never seen anyone else do it (except you, of course). Hmmm. What can we learn from this? It's only a Rencher thing? All Renchers, please comment.

Trish said...

Super cute pictures of the girls! Is your end of the year school stuff as crazy as ours? I'm so ready to be done with it!

LindsC said...

I like how you've named it the Glee effect. I totally Sing and dance in the grocery store. Brent just pretends he doesn't know me.

Helen said...

Yes, your mom dances in the store, too. :-) And in the car and the elevators. Why not? Life is short!

Natalie said...

hmmm....I've been looking for a good read...I'll have to try it, that and the Glee effect. How cute, you're girls are beautiful :)

Jacqui said...

Hm. So I suppose now that you're not working the whole day that means you can't waste time emailing me and posting cute blogs. Phooey!