Friday, April 16, 2010

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I am so glad it is Friday. This is just a bit of randomness, which isn't that bad for the end of the work week. Here's the list:


  1. So, Big Miss had a visitor last week for Spring Break. It was wonderful to have her come, but she and Big Miss stayed up late every night. I got in the habit of staying up with them, and now this week I haven't been to bed before 10:30 pm. That may not seem late to some of you, but it ends up feeling terribly late when I get up at 5:45 am. I just can't seem to break the cycle! Man, I'm tired.

  2. Part of staying up late are the books I've been reading. They are page turners and keep me saying, "Just one more chapter..." Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver in particular kept me up because it was so good that I couldn't get to the end fast enough. Even after I set that book down for the night, I kept thinking about Life as We Knew it by Susan Beth Pfeffer that I was listening to in the car. I know at least one lost night's sleep can be blamed on my worrying and obsessing about the amount of water we have in our food storage.

  3. I woke up this morning with a calf cramp. Not just a mild tensing of one muscle, but a double sided leg seize. I couldn't find a painless position. Maybe a little extreme, but it hurt, dang it. As I was writhing in pain, my helpful husband told me I should drink more water. Later when I was packing my lunch he further proved his 'helpfulness' by suggesting I pack two bananas. Stinker. I blame lack of sleep for the leg cramp and for my snarkiness towards my husband.

  4. On a happier note, for Little Miss's birthday, and at her request, we went swimming at the Fun Plex and then to dinner at Red Robin's. I also brought cupcakes to her preschool class. I'm certain the teachers were very happy with me sugaring up the kids right in the middle of the school day. She got to choose to help hand out cupcakes or get the first bite. She chose to help hand out -- what a sweetie. At the beginning of the year the kids decorated their own birthday crowns to wear during snack time. I made Little Miss wear hers to dinner, too.

  5. Darren finished our closet last night. I love it. Do you know what I love even more? Not having clothes hanging around our room on various ironing stands and cheap rolling wardrobes. do you see all the room for shoes? Darren wants a roll able laundry bin that will fit below on the left instead of a hamper. That is our next purchase.

That is it for now, which is good because I'm too tired to write any more anyway. Happy Friday. I hope you have a good weekend.

Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

13 comments:

Jacqui said...

Autumn looks SO darling in those photos. And I'm way jealous of your closet. I think you need to go shoe shopping. Certainly Dharren doesn't have enough shoes to fill up his side, right?

Trish said...

Leg cramps are no laughing matter. I don't appreciate "helpful" suggestions in the moment. Trevor can help massage it out, but no talking! :o) The closet looks great. You'll have to tell me how having the hamper in the closet goes. I put ours in the bathroom and there are dirty clothes in the closet. I have a feeling if I moved it, the same thing would happen in the bathroom. Maybe one in both places?? :o) I also feel the same way when I bring cupcakes to school on birthdays...like maybe I should do muffins or something a little healthier instead.

Liz said...

I absolutely loved the book "Life as We Knew It." They're actually working on making a movie about it, but as you know, the book is always better!! Have you read the compainion novel "The Dead and the Gone?" It's set at the same time in New York City. I couldn't put it down!!

Kiley said...

Was your 5-year old sad when she realized she still has to go to preschool instead of kindergarten? Ryder thinks the day he turns 5 (in December) he gets to go to kindergarten. Poor guy's going to be pretty dissapointed when he realizes he has to wait even longer.

The Mrs. said...

I was an early bedtime girl. I'd put the girls in bed and practically fall into bed myself. Then Pete told me that I didn't spend any time with him. If I'd stay up until 10pm we could have some time to talk before sleeping. Now I can't go to sleep before 9:45 and I have a really hard time doing that when he's not around! I miss going to sleep early!

Is Life as We Knew It like Alas, Bablyon? That one made me really want to bulk up on food storage. I keep putting more and more food and water in the cupboards because of that one.

Kelli said...

Thanks for the book suggestions and I love the pictures of Little Miss! What a sweetie! Also. If you could come here and organize my closet I would be very grateful. Thanks.

LindsC said...

Those books do look good. And it looks like Little Miss had a good birthday, oh and the closet looks great.

Ruth said...

LOVE the closet!! Great job Darren!

Christi said...

Nice closet. Glad you had cupcakes for school-I'm sure the teachers are used to the mess/excitement. I'm in need of a good book-maybe I'll give one of those a try. Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Natalie said...

Beautiful closet - you should post a pic in two weeks...ha! I never would, mine would have exploded into a big mess...but yours looks like an organizers dream!

Courtney said...

I like the closet! And I have to say, we had our laundry bin in our closet at our last house and it was so nice....this house's closets aren't as roomy. But I loved that they were all out of the way. And thanks for the book suggestions...I'm adding them to my wish list on my library account right now!

Not to attract snarkiness, but the bananas are a good pointer....so is a good massage.....I know someone that could help you out with that. :)

Johnson Family said...

I totally thought of you the other day - Erik and I saw a license plate..."2JUICEE" and we thought of you...I kept wishing I had my camera with me because it is pretty unbelievable. And I won't describe the driver of the vehicle because I will just sound like a racist. ;)

Anonymous said...

Your closet is so organized! It is like a little piece of heaven. I organized mine last week. I was thinking about putting a chair in there so I could enjoy the peace and order. I highly suggest putting a hamper where ever you take off your clothes. I love the rolling/sorting hampers, too, but we just have 3 different laundry bags hanging on the back of the closet door--whites, darks and greens (ahhh, the life of an army wife :)