Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Living the Dream

While discussing our mutual lag in blogging the other day, a friend pointed out to me that there were a few major things that have happened in my life this summer that I haven't blogged about. Okay, she didn't 'point it out' to me; the lack of blogging during this summer of change has been on my mind often. So, what are these big changes? What better way than a top ten list? It keeps it simple:


  1. Darren quit his job buying lumber because they wanted him to move to Atlanta
  2. Darren got a new job in the oil and gas business
  3. Instead of Atlanta, WE MOVED TO WYOMING. Despite our undying love for the Wyoming Cowboys, we never thought we'd be back in the state.
  4. We lived with Darren's parents for three months. This is another thing I never thought we'd do. Good thing I only 'thought' it and didn't vocalize that I'd never live with my in-laws. Thankfully, they were easy to live with. I'm such a lucky girl to have such easy going in-laws.
  5. We sold our house in Greeley. Ten days and we were under contract, which solidified the fact that we were no longer welcome in Northern Colorado. Only kidding.
  6. We ended up in Green River instead of Rock Springs. I only mention it because it was kind of a shock. We really tried living in Rock Springs. How cool would it be for the 'Water from Rocks' girl to live in 'Rock Springs'. Guess I'll have to settle for plain old water.
  7. Big Miss turned 18 and now uses the 'I'm an adult so I can...' excuse for everything. I don't remember feeling that liberated when I turned 18. She also started her senior year.

  8. Little Miss started first grade and has loved that her mother has abandoned the '70 degrees for flip flops' rule. Seriously, you have to take the opportunity to wear flip flops when you can out here. Who cares if it is barely 60 degrees -- the sun is shining!

  9. We decided to build a house instead of buy an existing house. In the meantime we moved into a duplex. Nice to have our own space, but still rifling through our storage unit for the little things that make a house our home.
  10. I realized I could be happy here. Change is always hard -- I miss my friends, I miss my house, I miss being close to my parents, and I miss Colorado. But there are friends to be found here, a house is just a house unless the people you love are with you, we are close to different parents and siblings now, and I've remembered how much I love Wyoming.


Now if there were only a close Sam's club and Target, I'd be set. Hope I haven't lost too many of you during my absence. It is good to be back.


Keep smiling and remember to be happy.

10 comments:

Jacqui said...

Ahhh. It's good to have you back. It was almost like a friday five.

Trish said...

Glad you're back!

The Mrs. said...

Pete and I were just talking about you guys yesterday in the car. We said we should invite you over but I guess we missed the boat on that one! Glad you are well and happy, sorry we totally missed you!

Theturnerfamily5 said...

Welcome back to Wyoming!

Jacqui said...

I love that Autumn is so cute in her flipflops. Man, that girl can TAN!

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Oh,how I've missed you! Welcome back and welcome to being just a little bit closer to me. (I'm sure that was you goal in all of this)

Liz said...

Wow!! That's a lot of change for one summer! Glad to have you back in the blogging world...

Helen said...

Welcome back to blogging, Bren, we have missed your blogs and pictures. We miss having all 4 of you close by, too.

Robin Fisher said...

I am so glad you are blogging again.

Bryce and Heather said...

Hooray for Brenda! I've missed you! I am also excited that you are one step closer to us!!! We don't have a Target of Sam's Club either, well we don't have ANYTHING, but we do go to the Logan Sam's Club. If you really need to go, come this way!!! I just received a birthday card from Karen!!! She mentioned something about a trip to Mt. Rushmore?! Have a great day, love and miss your face!
Heathercharles