I see the sun rise.


I see the sun set.


All from my car.
The sun rises -- I start a new book on tape. A beginning.
The sun sets -- only a few more weeks until my position in Denver is done. An ending.
The sun rises -- Soup weather. A beginning.
The sun sets -- Even though the weather is mild, we have run out of propane. We can no longer grill something quick for dinner. An ending.
The sun rises -- We take stock of our winter clothes and start sorting through sweaters, gloves, and hats. A beginning.
The sun sets -- All capris and shorts are stacked in the closet. An ending.
The sun rises -- we plan our life around the holiday breaks coming up and look forward to being with family. A beginning.
The sun sets -- weather becomes an issue for traveling. An ending.
The sun rises -- we are voting for a new president who will represent the American people for the next four years. A beginning.
The sun sets -- the campaign ads will stop after the polls close. An ending. At least until the next election.


Here's to beginnings and endings. Keep smiling and remember to be happy.
14 comments:
For some reason I want to watch Fiddler on the Roof now.
I hope you didn't take those photos WHILE you were driving!
And all I have to say is, "IS THIS THE LITTLE GIRL I CARRIED?" Amen, Heidi.
All those big/little changes!! Are you excited to be done driving to Denver? I'm starting to feel the same way about our lives. It seems like a lot is going to change in the next 4 or 5 months.
I like your sun rise and sun set on things< and that's kind of neat how you get to see both some days.
I love your view of the world!! Keep posting the great posts!!
Hear Hear on ending the campain ads!
I totally know you took those photos while you were driving!! Bren, you are so poetic. I am reminded of another great Poet--John Denver and his song Shanghi Breezes "And the moon and the stars are the same ones you see, its the same old sun up in the sky..." I know, random but I figured only my sisters would get it :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2YBwj6269w
I LOVE your posts Brenda. Thanks for that insight. I am so sad it's getting cold :( I just fell couped up but your list was great, helping me remember the good things. I sure miss you!
i love beginnings and endings! Loved your list.
Loved your post! I think I am ignoring the ending of the warm weather. Thus all my kids have to search diligently to find long sleeves or long pants. They finally got their own coats out of storage. My lame attempt to stop the endings or stop the beginnings.
DUDE! Where's your Friday Five post?
This is Brandon....
I used to ride the ferry to-and-from Seattle for work. My favorite part of commuting was during the spring and fall when the sun rose over Seattle as I rode the boat to work, then the sun set over Bainbridge Island as I rode the boat home.
I am glad that you have found a way to enjoy your long drive.
Brenda! I just read Robin's blog and when I started the second video (Darren carrying Amanda) I was so happy! I was a bit worried about no Friday Five but then when there was no post about the Cowboys I started to panic. Glad you are ok and were able to be there for Mike's return!
"You see I'm a poet, and you didn't know it." (Scarlet Pimpernel)
Glad you had a good vacation!
Post a Comment